Real Madrid’s Karanka & Rui Faria watch on as Andriy Yarmolenko scores against Norway
- February 8, 2013
Jose Mourinho’s right-hand men Aitor Karanka and Rui Faria made the short trip down to Sevilla to watch Ukraine beat Norway 2-0 in one of this week’s international friendlies.
It’s been logically gathered that the player they’d travelled to scout was Dynamo Kiev’s Andriy Yarmolenko, as they hightailed it as soon as Ukraine’s number 7 was subbed off.
Yarmolenko put in a good shift and notably scored a sweetly struck ninth international goal.
It’s believed Real are lining up a replacement for Angel ‘The Rake’ Di Maria for next season, and the Argentinian’s nickname is more than a mere detail when comparing him to the stacked Yarmolenko.
23 year-old Yarmolenko has a lot in his favour: he’s got great upper body strength for a winger, balance (a an attribute badly lacking in Di Maria), and crucially carries a greater goal threat than Di Maria.
Also in his favour is that he’s still very much under the radar, with Real wanting to avoid paying the exorbitant prices of recent summers. Far from being a Galactico, Yarmolenko is a diamond in the rough who would perfectly fit the profile.
Watch Yarmolenko’s showreel on the clip below and have your say: would he be a better alternative than Di Maria?
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”293662″]
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]