Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo makes highly controversial remarks about referee after Barcelona loss
- March 23, 2014
Real Madrid were beaten 4-3 by Barcelona in a thrilling El Clasico on Sunday night.
The result blew the title race wide open and Cristiano Ronaldo chose to blame the referee for the scoreline.
Barcelona were awarded two penalties, probably correctly by the referee, whilst Real Madrid were given one which should have actually been a free kick.
After the match Cristiano Ronaldo said “We played against 12. It’s always the same. They don’t allow us. Maybe they wanted Barca back in the League,”
“I don’t want to leave this inside of me and I’m not looking for excuses, but the ref is not at the required level for a game like this.
“If Barca lost today they would have been out. After five years here, I understand how things work.
“[The media] has been here for many years more than me. I have never seen Real Madrid favoured by the referees” the forward said.
“I’m sure that no matter all this, we will win the League.”
I think we can agree that Ronaldo is talking a fair amount of rubbish.
- Peter Odemwingie says Steve Sidwell is learning Spanish for Stoke’s Barcelona lad...
- Luis Suarez made a top draw penalty save at Barcelona training in Washington (Instagram...
- Chelsea v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Thomas Vermaelen says injuries are behind him after ‘disappointing year’ (V...
- Neymar asks for his Dad to be left alone amid Barcelona transfer investigation (Video)
- Fail: US newspaper write up hilariously error-strewn report of Man United 3 – Bar...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi