Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo makes highly controversial remarks about referee after Barcelona loss
- March 23, 2014
Real Madrid were beaten 4-3 by Barcelona in a thrilling El Clasico on Sunday night.
The result blew the title race wide open and Cristiano Ronaldo chose to blame the referee for the scoreline.
Barcelona were awarded two penalties, probably correctly by the referee, whilst Real Madrid were given one which should have actually been a free kick.
After the match Cristiano Ronaldo said “We played against 12. It’s always the same. They don’t allow us. Maybe they wanted Barca back in the League,”
“I don’t want to leave this inside of me and I’m not looking for excuses, but the ref is not at the required level for a game like this.
“If Barca lost today they would have been out. After five years here, I understand how things work.
“[The media] has been here for many years more than me. I have never seen Real Madrid favoured by the referees” the forward said.
“I’m sure that no matter all this, we will win the League.”
I think we can agree that Ronaldo is talking a fair amount of rubbish.
- Gerard Pique explains how he learned how to become a prankster at Manchester United
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...