Real’s chase for Gareth Bale is dead, Higuain may reject Arsenal move [Marca]
It looks like Tottenham fans can breathe a sigh of relief.
The transfer season is well under way at White Hart Lane after Tottenham recruited Brazilian international Paulinho from Corinthians, while the likes of Scott Parker and Emmanuel Adebayor look destined to leave the club sooner rather than later.
Now Tottenham fans can widen their smile after Spanish outlet Marca reported that Real Madrid’s chase for Gareth Bale is dead.
Marca, the Madrid based media house, have told their readers on Wednesday night that: “Madrid park Bale: The Welshman will not force his departure and agrees to stay another year at Tottenham.”
In a confused opening paragraph, Marca flesh out their story saying that Real Madrid “have decided” to park their pursuit for Gareth Bale after they found “recruitment is impossible. Florentino Perez received a negative response from Tottenham. Daniel Levy, chairman of the English club, was not open to negotiation and, with his inflexible stance, it is difficult to get discussions going.”
Marca inject a little needle into their article, saying that Bale is not like Luke Modric who seemed more ambitious to want to play in the Champions League.
Other points in the piece include rumours that Tottenham could sell Bale next summer, Bale’s transfer fee would be “astronomical” with a figure of 116.5 million euros reported, Angel di Maria – who was mentioned as a possible makeweight in the deal – could still be off, and Gonzalo Higuain may yet stay at the Bernabeu and not move to Arsenal.
On Higuain, Marca say new coach Carlo Ancelotti wants to talk to Argentine to see if he can be persuaded to stay. Ancelotti is said to want to keep both Gonzalo Higuain and Karim Benzema at the club, which would be a huge blow for the Gunners.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale names the player who trains the best at Real Madrid – and no, it’s not Ronaldo (Video)October 14, 2016
- Gareth Bale’s new Real Madrid contact will include an astronomical release clause [Cadena Ser]October 13, 2016
- The Wales team photo prank got even more ridiculous pre Georgia gameOctober 9, 2016
- Gareth Bale tries and fails to play dumb over Wales’ prank team pictures (Video)October 8, 2016
- Barcelona legend Eric Abidal says that Cristiano Ronaldo is a burden for Portugal [Grup 14]October 21, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo offends Buddhists on social mediaOctober 20, 2016
- Shocking footage emerges of clashes between Legia Ultras and Madrid police (Videos)October 19, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane admits more is expected of Cristiano Ronaldo after 5-1 Real Madrid win (Video)October 19, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016
- Updates on Danny Rose & Toby Alderweireld playing for Spurs v BournemouthOctober 20, 2016
- Man United legend Roy Keane’s frank assessment of Spurs title chances is too funny (Video)October 20, 2016