Real’s chase for Gareth Bale is dead, Higuain may reject Arsenal move [Marca]
It looks like Tottenham fans can breathe a sigh of relief.
The transfer season is well under way at White Hart Lane after Tottenham recruited Brazilian international Paulinho from Corinthians, while the likes of Scott Parker and Emmanuel Adebayor look destined to leave the club sooner rather than later.
Now Tottenham fans can widen their smile after Spanish outlet Marca reported that Real Madrid’s chase for Gareth Bale is dead.
Marca, the Madrid based media house, have told their readers on Wednesday night that: “Madrid park Bale: The Welshman will not force his departure and agrees to stay another year at Tottenham.”
In a confused opening paragraph, Marca flesh out their story saying that Real Madrid “have decided” to park their pursuit for Gareth Bale after they found “recruitment is impossible. Florentino Perez received a negative response from Tottenham. Daniel Levy, chairman of the English club, was not open to negotiation and, with his inflexible stance, it is difficult to get discussions going.”
Marca inject a little needle into their article, saying that Bale is not like Luke Modric who seemed more ambitious to want to play in the Champions League.
Other points in the piece include rumours that Tottenham could sell Bale next summer, Bale’s transfer fee would be “astronomical” with a figure of 116.5 million euros reported, Angel di Maria – who was mentioned as a possible makeweight in the deal – could still be off, and Gonzalo Higuain may yet stay at the Bernabeu and not move to Arsenal.
On Higuain, Marca say new coach Carlo Ancelotti wants to talk to Argentine to see if he can be persuaded to stay. Ancelotti is said to want to keep both Gonzalo Higuain and Karim Benzema at the club, which would be a huge blow for the Gunners.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale & Emma Rhys-Jones share happy news on InstagramJuly 17, 2016
- Euro 2016 Best XI: Cristiano Ronaldo, Arsenal & Liverpool stars make cut, but not Gareth BaleJuly 11, 2016
- Gareth Bale tweets about Cristiano Ronaldo’s injury during Euro 2016 finalJuly 10, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals what he said to Gareth Bale after Portugal v WalesJuly 7, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane gives son Enzo his Real Madrid debut v PSG (Video)July 28, 2016
- Meunier at the double as PSG ease past Real Madrid 3-1 (Videos)July 28, 2016
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang slams the media on Instagram for his supposed Real Madrid obsessionJuly 27, 2016
- Man United target Paul Pogba urges fans not to believe the newspapers (Video)July 27, 2016
- Arsenal Troll Spurs after beating the MLS All StarsJuly 29, 2016
- Spurs winger Erik Lamela destroys a soul with a stunning nutmeg in training (Video)July 27, 2016
- Juventus 2 – Tottenham 1: Erik Lamela scores in defeat (Official Videos)July 26, 2016
- Spurs to send Nabil Bentaleb to Benfica [Record]July 24, 2016