Real’s chase for Gareth Bale is dead, Higuain may reject Arsenal move [Marca]
It looks like Tottenham fans can breathe a sigh of relief.
The transfer season is well under way at White Hart Lane after Tottenham recruited Brazilian international Paulinho from Corinthians, while the likes of Scott Parker and Emmanuel Adebayor look destined to leave the club sooner rather than later.
Now Tottenham fans can widen their smile after Spanish outlet Marca reported that Real Madrid’s chase for Gareth Bale is dead.
Marca, the Madrid based media house, have told their readers on Wednesday night that: “Madrid park Bale: The Welshman will not force his departure and agrees to stay another year at Tottenham.”
In a confused opening paragraph, Marca flesh out their story saying that Real Madrid “have decided” to park their pursuit for Gareth Bale after they found “recruitment is impossible. Florentino Perez received a negative response from Tottenham. Daniel Levy, chairman of the English club, was not open to negotiation and, with his inflexible stance, it is difficult to get discussions going.”
Marca inject a little needle into their article, saying that Bale is not like Luke Modric who seemed more ambitious to want to play in the Champions League.
Other points in the piece include rumours that Tottenham could sell Bale next summer, Bale’s transfer fee would be “astronomical” with a figure of 116.5 million euros reported, Angel di Maria – who was mentioned as a possible makeweight in the deal – could still be off, and Gonzalo Higuain may yet stay at the Bernabeu and not move to Arsenal.
On Higuain, Marca say new coach Carlo Ancelotti wants to talk to Argentine to see if he can be persuaded to stay. Ancelotti is said to want to keep both Gonzalo Higuain and Karim Benzema at the club, which would be a huge blow for the Gunners.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale’s injury is much worse than Real Madrid first anticipated [AS]December 1, 2016
- Two footballers included in shortlist for 2016 BBC Sports Personality of the Year awardNovember 28, 2016
- How will Real Madrid cope without Gareth Bale? There are three optionsNovember 24, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid & Gareth Bale [AS]November 24, 2016
- Incredible Sergio Ramos does it again: Real Madrid beat Deportivo in the 92nd minute [Tweets]December 10, 2016
- Real Madrid bad boy Pepe punched Ryan Babel in the gutDecember 10, 2016
- Nacho trolled Alvaro Morata after he scored for Real Madrid regarding his recent viral videoDecember 10, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo takes his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez to watch Real Madrid v DeportivoDecember 10, 2016
- Man United v Spurs: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Pochettino says he WON’T tell Dele Alli to cut the diving and playactingDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool & Spurs eyeing January move for Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez [Mirror]December 9, 2016
- PSG are planning a huge bid for Spurs star Dele Alli [Mirror]December 9, 2016