Real’s chase for Gareth Bale is dead, Higuain may reject Arsenal move [Marca]
- July 3, 2013
It looks like Tottenham fans can breathe a sigh of relief.
The transfer season is well under way at White Hart Lane after Tottenham recruited Brazilian international Paulinho from Corinthians, while the likes of Scott Parker and Emmanuel Adebayor look destined to leave the club sooner rather than later.
Now Tottenham fans can widen their smile after Spanish outlet Marca reported that Real Madrid’s chase for Gareth Bale is dead.
Marca, the Madrid based media house, have told their readers on Wednesday night that: “Madrid park Bale: The Welshman will not force his departure and agrees to stay another year at Tottenham.”
In a confused opening paragraph, Marca flesh out their story saying that Real Madrid “have decided” to park their pursuit for Gareth Bale after they found “recruitment is impossible. Florentino Perez received a negative response from Tottenham. Daniel Levy, chairman of the English club, was not open to negotiation and, with his inflexible stance, it is difficult to get discussions going.”
Marca inject a little needle into their article, saying that Bale is not like Luke Modric who seemed more ambitious to want to play in the Champions League.
Other points in the piece include rumours that Tottenham could sell Bale next summer, Bale’s transfer fee would be “astronomical” with a figure of 116.5 million euros reported, Angel di Maria – who was mentioned as a possible makeweight in the deal – could still be off, and Gonzalo Higuain may yet stay at the Bernabeu and not move to Arsenal.
On Higuain, Marca say new coach Carlo Ancelotti wants to talk to Argentine to see if he can be persuaded to stay. Ancelotti is said to want to keep both Gonzalo Higuain and Karim Benzema at the club, which would be a huge blow for the Gunners.
- James Rodriguez & Gareth Bale both score in 2-0 Real Madrid win over Spurs (Highli...
- Gareth Bale scores solo wonder goal from distance against former club Spurs (Video)
- Man United made two £100m bids for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale this summer [Sun]
- Man United are still chasing Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Express]
- Bayern hope Thomas Muller will stay in Munich forever, as Man United target Gareth Bale...
- BT Sport try to convince Bale and The Ox to change squad numbers in new UCL advert (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi