Real Madrid will spend €50m Ozil money on Luis Suarez or Radamel Falcao in January [Marca]
- September 9, 2013
The summer transfer window may have only shut a week ago, but Marca still splash with two of the best “number 9s” in world football on their front page on Monday morning.
Marca suggest if Karim Benzema fails to fire for Real Madrid in the coming months, Los Blancos will look towards replacing the French striker with either Luis Suarez or Radamel Falcao.
Suarez expressed his desire to sign for Real Madrid during the summer whilst he was agitating for a move from Liverpool – it would though seem highly unlikely that Brendan Rodgers would sell in January.
Radamel Falcao has also been linked with Real Madrid on a regular basis but former club Atletico Madrid would not sell to their great rivals and it would clearly take a mammoth fee to lure him from moneybags Monaco.
This report from Marca goes on to claim that the 50 million euros for a striker to replace Benzema would come from the money Real Madrid received from Arsenal for Mesut Ozil.
Marca’s Monday front page is below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...