Real Madrid will spend €50m Ozil money on Luis Suarez or Radamel Falcao in January [Marca]
- September 9, 2013
The summer transfer window may have only shut a week ago, but Marca still splash with two of the best “number 9s” in world football on their front page on Monday morning.
Marca suggest if Karim Benzema fails to fire for Real Madrid in the coming months, Los Blancos will look towards replacing the French striker with either Luis Suarez or Radamel Falcao.
Suarez expressed his desire to sign for Real Madrid during the summer whilst he was agitating for a move from Liverpool – it would though seem highly unlikely that Brendan Rodgers would sell in January.
Radamel Falcao has also been linked with Real Madrid on a regular basis but former club Atletico Madrid would not sell to their great rivals and it would clearly take a mammoth fee to lure him from moneybags Monaco.
This report from Marca goes on to claim that the 50 million euros for a striker to replace Benzema would come from the money Real Madrid received from Arsenal for Mesut Ozil.
Marca’s Monday front page is below.
- Liverpool represantives in Barcelona to tie up loan deal for Adama Traore [RAC 1]
- Joao Carlos Teixeira scored a stunning 40 yard lob for Liverpool in friendly (Video)
- The Guardian produce a Liverpool 2015-16 season preview (Video)
- Golazo! Martin Skrtel scores an absolute screamer in Liverpool training (Video)
- HJK Helsinki v Liverpool: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Tottenham may sign Liverpool flop Rickie Lambert, or alternatively Javier Hernandez [Th...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi