- Cristiano Ronaldo (60) outscored Messi (58) in 2014, but Barça man scored more from play than Madrid rival
- Arsenal stars Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere et al thank followers after reaching 5 million milestone
- Atletico Madrid’s equaliser at Bilbao, scored by Griezmann, was a quality team goal!
- Man United superfan Andy Tate stars in hilarious new BT Sport advert [Video]
- Had Arsenal not dropped 11 points from winning positions…
Real Madrid will spend €50m Ozil money on Luis Suarez or Radamel Falcao in January [Marca]
The summer transfer window may have only shut a week ago, but Marca still splash with two of the best “number 9s” in world football on their front page on Monday morning.
Marca suggest if Karim Benzema fails to fire for Real Madrid in the coming months, Los Blancos will look towards replacing the French striker with either Luis Suarez or Radamel Falcao.
Suarez expressed his desire to sign for Real Madrid during the summer whilst he was agitating for a move from Liverpool – it would though seem highly unlikely that Brendan Rodgers would sell in January.
Radamel Falcao has also been linked with Real Madrid on a regular basis but former club Atletico Madrid would not sell to their great rivals and it would clearly take a mammoth fee to lure him from moneybags Monaco.
This report from Marca goes on to claim that the 50 million euros for a striker to replace Benzema would come from the money Real Madrid received from Arsenal for Mesut Ozil.
Marca’s Monday front page is below.
- Updated: September 9, 2013