Real Madrid will spend €50m Ozil money on Luis Suarez or Radamel Falcao in January [Marca]
The summer transfer window may have only shut a week ago, but Marca still splash with two of the best “number 9s” in world football on their front page on Monday morning.
Marca suggest if Karim Benzema fails to fire for Real Madrid in the coming months, Los Blancos will look towards replacing the French striker with either Luis Suarez or Radamel Falcao.
Suarez expressed his desire to sign for Real Madrid during the summer whilst he was agitating for a move from Liverpool – it would though seem highly unlikely that Brendan Rodgers would sell in January.
Radamel Falcao has also been linked with Real Madrid on a regular basis but former club Atletico Madrid would not sell to their great rivals and it would clearly take a mammoth fee to lure him from moneybags Monaco.
This report from Marca goes on to claim that the 50 million euros for a striker to replace Benzema would come from the money Real Madrid received from Arsenal for Mesut Ozil.
Marca’s Monday front page is below.
- Jurgen Klopp joked about boss tha in pre Liverpool v Bordeaux presser (Video)
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists Daniel Sturridge is ‘closer’ to return (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)
- Is Barcelona’s MSN the greatest strike force ever? Many people believe so [Tweets]
- Luis Suarez’s exquisite volley for Barcelona v Roma (Official Video)
- Unreal fan cam footage of Luis Suarez’s magical volley for Barcelona v Roma (Instagram Video)
- Steven Gerrard says Luis Suarez has reached another level at Barcelona (Video)