Real Madrid will launch a last-gasp €45m bid for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez [AS]
Spanish paper AS have published a eye-grabbing transfer story on the final day of the 2013 summer window, claiming that Real Madrid are still looking to sign Liverpool’s Luis Suarez before the transfer window slams shut.
According to AS, Real, despite having shelling out a world record fee of 120 million dollars for Gareth Bale, reportedly have another €45 million in the bank to try and lure Suarez away from Anfield.
AS’s report centres on the presumption that Karim Benzema is no longer wanted at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Whilst Benzema laid on two assists on Sunday as Real beat Bilbao 3-1, AS noted that the French international striker was subjected to whistles from the home crowd for “his lack of aggressiveness”, while five of Benzema’s 20 passes in the game against Bilbao were wayward.
Benzema’s latest mistakes focused minds to the fact that the Frenchman is no longer considered good enough at Real, according to AS, so Los Blancos are set to test Liverpool’s resolve with a €45m bid for Luis Suarez.
AS close out their article writing that Suarez has “repeatedly said in the past two months he wants to leave Liverpool ‘for family reasons'”.
Madrid interest in Suarez is 100 per cent accurate I'm told. They are or are going to bid. @talkSPORT
— Stan Collymore (@StanCollymore) September 1, 2013
Arsenal could place a double coup.If the Ozil's deal will be sealed tomorrow morning, it will leave time to Real Madrid for the Suarez's try
— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) September 1, 2013
Liverpool haven't had any contact from Real Madrid for Suarez & at this stage they aren't expecting any (and wouldn't welcome any) either.
— Tony Barrett (@TonyBarretTimes) September 1, 2013
- Kyriakos Papadopoulos mocked Luis Suarez for being a biter during Barca’s win v L...
- Luis Suarez jokingly tries to slap Sergi Roberto in Barcelona training (Video)
- Injured Leo Messi gets a ride to Barcelona training from neighbour Luis Suarez (Video)
- Luis Suarez bags a brace as Barcelona beat Las Palmas 2-1 (official video)
- Manchester United legend David Beckham reveals his toughest ever opponent (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up about Sir Alex Ferguson hairdryer treatment at Man United
- Mistake? El Confidencial suggest Karim Benzema should have left Real Madrid to join Ars...
- Awesome tribute: Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale named Welsh Player of the Year 2015 (v...