- Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez endlessly jokes around in interview back home [Subtitles]
- A musical review of football in 2014 to the song “We Didn’t Start The Fire” [Video]
- Liverpool target Xherdan Shaqiri allowed to leave Bayern Munich in January for £10m [Blick]
- Enhanced Odds! Back runaway Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich to beat Mainz at 11/4!!!
- Classic! Man City’s James Milner incredibly boring interview responses from 2004
Real Madrid will beat Man City to Isco & Malaga will retire #22 shirt, says owner on Twitter
shirts No . 22 will not be available to any other player in the Malaga cf courtesy to the player Isco
— Abdullah N Al Thani (@ANAALThani) June 25, 2013
This is just downright weird.
Malaga owner Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Abdullah Al Ahmed Al Thani made a strange announcement on Twitter on Tuesday regarding the future of starlet Isco.
After weeks of speculation over whether Isco will move to Manchester City or Real Madrid this summer, it now seems all but certain that Los Blancos will beat the Citizens to the signing of the Spanish attacking midfielder.
Al Thani rubber-stamped the departure of Isco with a cryptically written Tweet on Tuesday in which the owner said that the Malaga 22 shirt “will not be available to any other player.”
It’s been a busy week for Al Thani on the micro-blogging website after the billionaire earlier told his followers (in Arabic) that “If Isco wanted to leave Malaga I’d have preferred a Spanish club, not [a club] outside Spain.”
Whilst retiring football shirts is not a new occurrence in football, retiring a shirt of a footballer who has only ever played 69 games for a club is very much out of the ordinary.
- Updated: June 25, 2013