Real Madrid will beat Man City to Isco & Malaga will retire #22 shirt, says owner on Twitter
- June 25, 2013
shirts No . 22 will not be available to any other player in the Malaga cf courtesy to the player Isco
— Abdullah N Al Thani (@ANAALThani) June 25, 2013
This is just downright weird.
Malaga owner Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Abdullah Al Ahmed Al Thani made a strange announcement on Twitter on Tuesday regarding the future of starlet Isco.
After weeks of speculation over whether Isco will move to Manchester City or Real Madrid this summer, it now seems all but certain that Los Blancos will beat the Citizens to the signing of the Spanish attacking midfielder.
Al Thani rubber-stamped the departure of Isco with a cryptically written Tweet on Tuesday in which the owner said that the Malaga 22 shirt “will not be available to any other player.”
It’s been a busy week for Al Thani on the micro-blogging website after the billionaire earlier told his followers (in Arabic) that “If Isco wanted to leave Malaga I’d have preferred a Spanish club, not [a club] outside Spain.”
Whilst retiring football shirts is not a new occurrence in football, retiring a shirt of a footballer who has only ever played 69 games for a club is very much out of the ordinary.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi