- Park Ji-Sung given hero’s reception at PSV before crowd accidentally set banner on fire [Videos]
- The Wealdstone Raider thanks Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan for their support [Video]
- Crazy! Alexandre Meier scores two goals in last minute to rescue point for Frankfurt in 4-4 draw! [Video]
- Cheeky! Porta [Independiente] knocks the ball past keeper, stops it on the line and backheels it in [Video]
- Nabil Bentaleb’s first Spurs goal came courtesy of a fumble from Newcastle keeper Jak Alnwick [Video]
Real Madrid waiting for PSG’s €60m offer for Di Maria so that they can move in for James Rodriguez [MARCA]
The white noise around James Rodriguez has naturally died down a bit since Colombia were knocked out of the World Cup, but Marca have ratcheted it back up again.
The Madrid-based paper claim that Real Madrid are firmly planning on a move for the Colombian sensation, but that they must wait for a couple of dominoes to drop first of all.
Marca claim that in order for Madrid to start ‘Operation James’, they first need to wait for Alvaro Morata’s move to Juventus to be completed.
More importantly and pertinently. Madrid are apparently waiting on a 60m Euro offer from PSG for Angel Di Maria, which would free up a midfield slot for ‘Ham-ez’.
Marca say that Real don’t actually want to sell Di Maria, but that the Argenine is set on leaving, and if that’s the case, they’d rather bring in the Monaco man.
With 22 million earned from the Morata sale, and a stratospheric 60m made from Di Maria, Madrid will have a suitcase of cash to negotiate with Monaco for James.
- Updated: July 10, 2014