- Worries grow for Brazil legend Pele as he’s moved to special care unit in Sao Paolo hospital
- Universitario concede in stoppage time after goalkeeper goes to opposition box for corner
- The numbers behind Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere’s injury problems [Graphic]
- Spurs TV focus on Christian Eriksen in training ahead of game against Partizan Belgrade [Video]
- Dutch fifth tier golazo! Amateur footballer scores astonishing goal from his own half [Video]
Real Madrid waiting for PSG’s €60m offer for Di Maria so that they can move in for James Rodriguez [MARCA]
The white noise around James Rodriguez has naturally died down a bit since Colombia were knocked out of the World Cup, but Marca have ratcheted it back up again.
The Madrid-based paper claim that Real Madrid are firmly planning on a move for the Colombian sensation, but that they must wait for a couple of dominoes to drop first of all.
Marca claim that in order for Madrid to start ‘Operation James’, they first need to wait for Alvaro Morata’s move to Juventus to be completed.
More importantly and pertinently. Madrid are apparently waiting on a 60m Euro offer from PSG for Angel Di Maria, which would free up a midfield slot for ‘Ham-ez’.
Marca say that Real don’t actually want to sell Di Maria, but that the Argenine is set on leaving, and if that’s the case, they’d rather bring in the Monaco man.
With 22 million earned from the Morata sale, and a stratospheric 60m made from Di Maria, Madrid will have a suitcase of cash to negotiate with Monaco for James.
- Updated: July 10, 2014