- Big Sam ‘baffled & confused’ by Alex Song’s disallowed goal v Arsenal [Video]
- Steven Gerrard & Bergkamp make Sky’s Premier League XI over Roy Keane/Scholes & Shearer… [Tweets]
- Newcastle’s Jack Colback & Paul Dummett speak post-Everton win as Pardew dodges press [Video]
- Chicharito scores at Real Madrid training, after slick stepover skills from Isco [Video]
- Gooner Bully expects Arsenal to finish in the Top 3 after West Ham win [Video]
Real Madrid to offer €60m + Coentrao & (Arsenal target) Higuain to Spurs for Gareth Bale [AS]
Now that Carlo Ancelotti is installed as Real Madrid coach, the Spanish giants are set to step up their mega bid for Tottenham star Gareth Bale.
Despite signing Isco this week, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez still needs to bring in a “Galactico” this summer.
According to AS, during Acelotti’s unveiling yesterday, Perez was told by Real Madrid fans to “bring Bale, alongside Cristiano [Ronaldo] we will be unstoppable.”
To which one of Perez’s aides replied “We are on it. The president is excited to bring him [Bale] to Madrid.
In addition, new Real Madrid coach Ancelotti said yesterday on Bale: “If we can bring him here, it would be very good.”
According to AS, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has slapped a 100 million euro price tag on Gareth Bale and will not drop this by the end of the transfer window.
In truth, it could be a lot more than 100 million euros and the word coming out of White Hart Lane is that Tottenham will not sell the Welsh forward for any price.
AS now predict that Real Madrid’s first offer for Bale this summer will be 60 million euros plus Fabio Coentrao and Gonzalo Higuain.
Coentrao is eager to leave the Bernabeu whilst Gonzalo Higuain was thought to be close to signing for Arsenal.
AS add that Higuain also has an offer from Napoli, to replace the departing Edinson Cavani but wants to join Arsene Wenger’s side at the Emirates.
Nevertheless, the fact Real Madrid will try and use Higuain as a bargaining chip suggests he may not be leaving for Arsenal any time soon.
- Updated: June 27, 2013