Real Madrid to challenge Everton in the race to sign Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku for £20m [Sunday Express]
- July 26, 2014
The Sunday Express have published a hard-to-believe transfer story, claiming that Real Madrid are chasing Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku for £20m.
Lukaku’s future now certain to be away from Stamford Bridge after Chelsea re-signed Didier Drogba on a one-year contract over the weekend.
Saturday has been a busy day of transfer rumours around Lukaku, with Roberto Martinez have been filmed telling Everton fans that he hopes to sign the Belgium striker this summer, whilst German outfit Wolfsburg have denied bidding for Lukaku after gossip to the contrary spread like wildfire.
On the supposed Real Madrid story, the Express point out that Karim Benzema is the only recognised centre-forward at the Santiago Bernabeu at present, after Los Blancos sold Alvaro Morata to Juventus last week.
See the backpage of the Sunday Express below.
- More pictures of Chelsea’s brand new home kit for the 15/16 season
- Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas faffs about on a segway [Video]
- Didier Drogba speaks to Rio Ferdinand about two very different Champions League finals ...
- Leaked: Chelsea’s brand new home kit for the 15/16 season [Pictures]
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba reveals his toughest ever opponents to Rio Ferdinand [Video]
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi