Real Madrid to challenge Everton in the race to sign Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku for £20m [Sunday Express]
The Sunday Express have published a hard-to-believe transfer story, claiming that Real Madrid are chasing Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku for £20m.
Lukaku’s future now certain to be away from Stamford Bridge after Chelsea re-signed Didier Drogba on a one-year contract over the weekend.
Saturday has been a busy day of transfer rumours around Lukaku, with Roberto Martinez have been filmed telling Everton fans that he hopes to sign the Belgium striker this summer, whilst German outfit Wolfsburg have denied bidding for Lukaku after gossip to the contrary spread like wildfire.
On the supposed Real Madrid story, the Express point out that Karim Benzema is the only recognised centre-forward at the Santiago Bernabeu at present, after Los Blancos sold Alvaro Morata to Juventus last week.
See the backpage of the Sunday Express below.
- Good Guy John Terry shoots for Love, nominates former Chelsea teammates (Video)
- The 10 best passers in the Premier League so far, featuring Arsenal & Chelsea stars
- Jose Mourinho threatens to kill himself if Chelsea replace him with Brendan Rodgers (Sp...
- Jose Mourinho admits Chelsea’s results have been bad, thanks Roman Abramovich [Ga...
- Philippe Coutinho’s agent Kia Joorabchian says his client is staying at Liverpool...
- David Beckham compares former Man United and Real Madrid teammates (Video)
- Mutiny in Madrid? Real boss Rafa Benitez has had run ins Sergio Ramos, Cristiano Ronald...
- Manchester United legend David Beckham reveals his toughest ever opponent (Video)