Real Madrid target Malaga wonderkid Isco
- January 2, 2013
Reports in Spain today claim Real Madrid have targeted Malaga wonderkid Isco and are keen on signing the 20-year-old midfielder before next summer.
El Mundo Deportivo report today that after a poor La Liga campaign that sees Los Blancos 16 points behind Barcelona, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is already planning for a busy summer.
If Cristiano Ronaldo leaves Real Madrid, Perez is likely to bring in a “Galactico signing” with Atletico Madrid’s Radamel Falcao the most likely target.
Malaga midfielder Isco is seen as a player that could be signed in January for the long term and will compliment whatever changes occur at the Bernabeu at the end of the season, including the departure of Jose Mourinho.
Isco has been one of the revelations of the 2012/2013 season, performing wonders for Malaga in La Liga and the Champions League and was a key figure in their recent win over Real Madrid.
The Spanish media speculate that Malaga will hold out for 40 million euros for Isco and there is plenty of interest across Europe in Tuttosport’s recent “Golden Boy” winner – billed as the hottest prospect on the continent.
If Real Madrid do sign Isco, it will put pressure on Xabi Alonso who is stalling on a new Real Madrid deal and has been linked with a return to the Premier League.
Footage of Isco’s 2012/2013 so far is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...