Real Madrid target Liverpool’s Glen Johnson & are ready to match his £110,000-a-week salary [Telegraph]
- March 23, 2014
The Sunday Telegraph has an interesting piece of transfer gossip claiming Real Madrid are chasing Liverpool and England right-back Glen Johnson.
The story, written by John Percy, hinges on the fact that Johnson is out of contract in 2015, and Liverpool are yet to open discussions with him over a new deal.
Rather than simply forgetting to start talks, suggestions are the Liverpool are unhappy with the terms of Johnson’s deal and the club wish to lower the defender’s wages of £110,000-a-week when discussing any contract extension.
Now the Telegraph have chimed in suggesting a bidding war for the defender:
Real Madrid are considering a summer bid for Glen Johnson as the Spanish giants prepare to capitalise on Liverpool’s delay in offering the defender a new contract.
The club’s owners, Fenway Sports Group, are reluctant to pay players lucrative deals when they go beyond their 30th birthday and Johnson is unlikely to be offered significantly more than the £110,000 a week he currently earns.
Ancelotti is in the market for a new right-back, with long-term doubts over Alvaro Arbeloa, and is weighing up a £5million bid for Johnson with the offer of a new challenge in La Liga.
- Liverpool’s Emre Can rejects Ginter’s criticism after going out for pizza d...
- Southampton’s Nathaniel Clyne photographed after completing Liverpool medical [Pi...
- Steven Gerrard welcomed by less than 10 LA Galaxy fans upon USA arrival [Video]
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Man United man Gary Neville completely ruins Liverpool fan on Twitter with witty comeba...
- Liverpool & Man United are keen on central defender Aymen Abdennour [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi