Real Madrid starlet Mario Rodriguez rejects Liverpool, despite offer to double salary [Marca]
- June 22, 2013
Real Madrid have beaten off the interest of Liverpool to sign 16-year-old forward Mario Rodriguez to a new deal.
According to Marca, Liverpool offered to double the salary of Rodriguez but the highly-rated attacker rejected the overtures of the Anfield club to agree a new four-year contract.
Much like when Arsenal signed Cesc Fabregas, Liverpool have taken advantage of the rule differences in Spain and England to lure highly-talented youngsters to the Premier League at 16.
Mario Rodriguez is rated as one of the best young players in Real Madrid’s youth system and is a Spanish Under-17 international.
Originally from Barcelona, Rodriguez has reportedly caught the eye of many scouts, not just Liverpool’s, as an attacking player with high technical ability and imagination.
Marca add that other European scouts are tracking plenty of other young starlets coming through at Real Madrid.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...