Real Madrid starlet Mario Rodriguez rejects Liverpool, despite offer to double salary [Marca]
- June 22, 2013
Real Madrid have beaten off the interest of Liverpool to sign 16-year-old forward Mario Rodriguez to a new deal.
According to Marca, Liverpool offered to double the salary of Rodriguez but the highly-rated attacker rejected the overtures of the Anfield club to agree a new four-year contract.
Much like when Arsenal signed Cesc Fabregas, Liverpool have taken advantage of the rule differences in Spain and England to lure highly-talented youngsters to the Premier League at 16.
Mario Rodriguez is rated as one of the best young players in Real Madrid’s youth system and is a Spanish Under-17 international.
Originally from Barcelona, Rodriguez has reportedly caught the eye of many scouts, not just Liverpool’s, as an attacking player with high technical ability and imagination.
Marca add that other European scouts are tracking plenty of other young starlets coming through at Real Madrid.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi