Real Madrid sold 900 ‘James’ shirts within an hour of the number 10 jersey going on sale [ISF]
Real Madrid sold 900 James Rodriguez shirts within an hour of the jersey going on sale, according to Inside Spanish Football.
The club paid a massive fee for James and will hope to get back some of that money through shirt sales. ISF wrote in the article: “Other reports state that Real Madrid are expecting to sell close to 50,000 shirts after the first day of sales, which, at 77 euros each, would earn the club 385,000 euros in 24 hours.”
A whopping profit to make and proof that Madrid don’t make these extravagant buys on a whim. Instead it is all down to careful marketing and a policy of buying players who fans admire and idolise.
The purchases of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale prompted a splurge of shirt sales, helping the club to recoup the money spent on the players.
Watch Live Stream
- Real Madrid declare Arsenal target James Rodriguez ‘Not For Sale’ [MARCA]May 21st, 2016
- PSG’s mega offer for James Rodriguez is bad news for Man United [AS]May 17th, 2016
- Man United offered Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez for £60m [Star]May 15th, 2016
- Clip of James Rodriguez getting nutmegged sums up his season at Real Madrid (Video)May 13th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo responds to Gerard Pique’s imitation; refers to himself in 3rd person (Vi...May 27th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo Alphas Richard Gere as actor joins Real Madrid’s flight for some reason (...May 27th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo rings the MSN for advice ahead of Champions League final (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale accidentally does Diego Simeone’s CL Final team talk for hi...May 26th, 2016