Real Madrid sold 900 ‘James’ shirts within an hour of the number 10 jersey going on sale [ISF]
- July 23, 2014
Real Madrid sold 900 James Rodriguez shirts within an hour of the jersey going on sale, according to Inside Spanish Football.
The club paid a massive fee for James and will hope to get back some of that money through shirt sales. ISF wrote in the article: “Other reports state that Real Madrid are expecting to sell close to 50,000 shirts after the first day of sales, which, at 77 euros each, would earn the club 385,000 euros in 24 hours.”
A whopping profit to make and proof that Madrid don’t make these extravagant buys on a whim. Instead it is all down to careful marketing and a policy of buying players who fans admire and idolise.
The purchases of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale prompted a splurge of shirt sales, helping the club to recoup the money spent on the players.
- James Rodriguez scores header from great Isco assist against Spurs (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo led the star-studded guest list at Jorge Mendes’s wedding (Vide...
- Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez scores beautiful 30 yard free kick golazo v Inter (...
- James Rodriguez shows his class again to another young Colombia fan [video]
- Colombia & Real Madrid star James “Control Freak” Rodriguez features i...
- James Rodriguez & Radamel Falcao show their class to young Colombia fan [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi