Real Madrid sold 900 ‘James’ shirts within an hour of the number 10 jersey going on sale [ISF]
Real Madrid sold 900 James Rodriguez shirts within an hour of the jersey going on sale, according to Inside Spanish Football.
The club paid a massive fee for James and will hope to get back some of that money through shirt sales. ISF wrote in the article: “Other reports state that Real Madrid are expecting to sell close to 50,000 shirts after the first day of sales, which, at 77 euros each, would earn the club 385,000 euros in 24 hours.”
A whopping profit to make and proof that Madrid don’t make these extravagant buys on a whim. Instead it is all down to careful marketing and a policy of buying players who fans admire and idolise.
The purchases of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale prompted a splurge of shirt sales, helping the club to recoup the money spent on the players.
Watch Live Stream
- James Rodriguez’s bad attitude was on show in Real Madrid’s match at Sporting CP (Video)November 24, 2016
- Faustino Asprilla claims Cristiano Ronaldo is having a damaging influencing on JamesNovember 17, 2016
- James Rodriguez was furious about rough treatment by Argentina players (Video)November 16, 2016
- Colombia’s James Rodriguez lost it with the ref in the tunnel after the defeat to Argentina (Video)November 16, 2016
- Xavi Hernandez explains why Cristiano Ronaldo probably did nothing wrong over tax scandalDecember 5, 2016
- Real Madrid offer rejected for wonderkid Alexander Isak. Chelsea still in the mix [Expressen]December 5, 2016
- Barca legend Xavi talks about Cristiano Ronaldo’s financial problems [Rac1]December 5, 2016
- Fouling Neymar: The 442oons Barcelona 1 – Real Madrid 1 movie trailer (video)December 5, 2016