Real Madrid sold 900 ‘James’ shirts within an hour of the number 10 jersey going on sale [ISF]
Real Madrid sold 900 James Rodriguez shirts within an hour of the jersey going on sale, according to Inside Spanish Football.
The club paid a massive fee for James and will hope to get back some of that money through shirt sales. ISF wrote in the article: “Other reports state that Real Madrid are expecting to sell close to 50,000 shirts after the first day of sales, which, at 77 euros each, would earn the club 385,000 euros in 24 hours.”
A whopping profit to make and proof that Madrid don’t make these extravagant buys on a whim. Instead it is all down to careful marketing and a policy of buying players who fans admire and idolise.
The purchases of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale prompted a splurge of shirt sales, helping the club to recoup the money spent on the players.
Watch Live Stream
- Guardian spread rumours linking a Real Madrid star with Manchester UnitedSeptember 16, 2016
- Real Madrid could have made a profit on James Rodriguez if he went to Inter Milan [SI]September 15, 2016
- Jorge Mendes held talks with Chelsea on Tuesday about James Rodriguez’s transfer [El Confidencial]August 31, 2016
- James to Chelsea & Isco to Spurs still possible [Marca]August 30, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo cursed Zidane on bench; Details of dressing room row also revealedSeptember 26, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s huff continued long after being subbed off v Las Palmas (Video)September 25, 2016
- Jose Mourinho consoled Michael Essien after only 2 Real Madrid teammates came to his birthday partySeptember 25, 2016