Real Madrid sold 900 ‘James’ shirts within an hour of the number 10 jersey going on sale [ISF]
- July 23, 2014
Real Madrid sold 900 James Rodriguez shirts within an hour of the jersey going on sale, according to Inside Spanish Football.
The club paid a massive fee for James and will hope to get back some of that money through shirt sales. ISF wrote in the article: “Other reports state that Real Madrid are expecting to sell close to 50,000 shirts after the first day of sales, which, at 77 euros each, would earn the club 385,000 euros in 24 hours.”
A whopping profit to make and proof that Madrid don’t make these extravagant buys on a whim. Instead it is all down to careful marketing and a policy of buying players who fans admire and idolise.
The purchases of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale prompted a splurge of shirt sales, helping the club to recoup the money spent on the players.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...