- Barcelona release awesome keepy-uppy video ft. Xavi, Iniesta & Busquets
- Zico (61) scores a sweet goal in a charity match, celebrates by samba dancing with Robinho [Video]
- Blackburn Rovers v Middlesbrough: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- Adidas employee’s online advise for a guy buying his girlfriend a Real Madrid shirt goes viral [Pictures]
- Linfield’s Ivan Sproule sent off for putting his shirt on the corner flag v Glentoran [Video]
Real Madrid sold 900 ‘James’ shirts within an hour of the number 10 jersey going on sale [ISF]
Real Madrid sold 900 James Rodriguez shirts within an hour of the jersey going on sale, according to Inside Spanish Football.
The club paid a massive fee for James and will hope to get back some of that money through shirt sales. ISF wrote in the article: “Other reports state that Real Madrid are expecting to sell close to 50,000 shirts after the first day of sales, which, at 77 euros each, would earn the club 385,000 euros in 24 hours.”
A whopping profit to make and proof that Madrid don’t make these extravagant buys on a whim. Instead it is all down to careful marketing and a policy of buying players who fans admire and idolise.
The purchases of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale prompted a splurge of shirt sales, helping the club to recoup the money spent on the players.
- Updated: July 23, 2014