Real Madrid sold 900 ‘James’ shirts within an hour of the number 10 jersey going on sale [ISF]
Real Madrid sold 900 James Rodriguez shirts within an hour of the jersey going on sale, according to Inside Spanish Football.
The club paid a massive fee for James and will hope to get back some of that money through shirt sales. ISF wrote in the article: “Other reports state that Real Madrid are expecting to sell close to 50,000 shirts after the first day of sales, which, at 77 euros each, would earn the club 385,000 euros in 24 hours.”
A whopping profit to make and proof that Madrid don’t make these extravagant buys on a whim. Instead it is all down to careful marketing and a policy of buying players who fans admire and idolise.
The purchases of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale prompted a splurge of shirt sales, helping the club to recoup the money spent on the players.
Watch Live Stream
- Real Madrid star James Rodriguez confirms €85m bid for him [Marca]July 22, 2016
- Ed Woodward planning €65m Man United bid for James Rodriguez [El Confidencial]July 21, 2016
- West Ham join the race to sign Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez [Marca]July 16, 2016
- Manchester United move appeals to Real Madrid playmaker James Rodriguez [Marca]July 16, 2016
- Eden Hazard suggests he may play as a striker for Chelsea this season (video)July 31, 2016
- Eden Hazard sparkles for Chelsea with a double v Real Madrid (Videos)July 30, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Marcelo scored a screamer v Chelsea (Video)July 30, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane gives son Enzo his Real Madrid debut v PSG (Video)July 28, 2016