Real Madrid sold 900 ‘James’ shirts within an hour of the number 10 jersey going on sale [ISF]
- July 23, 2014
Real Madrid sold 900 James Rodriguez shirts within an hour of the jersey going on sale, according to Inside Spanish Football.
The club paid a massive fee for James and will hope to get back some of that money through shirt sales. ISF wrote in the article: “Other reports state that Real Madrid are expecting to sell close to 50,000 shirts after the first day of sales, which, at 77 euros each, would earn the club 385,000 euros in 24 hours.”
A whopping profit to make and proof that Madrid don’t make these extravagant buys on a whim. Instead it is all down to careful marketing and a policy of buying players who fans admire and idolise.
The purchases of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale prompted a splurge of shirt sales, helping the club to recoup the money spent on the players.
- Fan cam footage of James Rodriguez’s unbelievable free-kick & overhead volle...
- Bale & James bag braces as Real Madrid smash Real Betis 5-1 (Highlights)
- James Rodriguez scores awesome overhead kick for Real Madrid v Real Betis (videos &...
- James Rodriguez scores a glorious free-kick for Real Madrid v Betis (videos & Tweets)
- James Rodriguez & Isco combine for Golazo at Real Madrid training (Video)
- James Rodriguez speeds away from young photo-hunting Real Madrid fans (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...