Real Madrid sign Isco for €30m, Manchester City miss out on Spain U21 star [Marca]
- June 22, 2013
In the middle of last week it appeared Manchester City had won the race for Malaga playmaker Isco, now all signs point to the Spain Under-21 star signing for Real Madrid.
Presumably, there was plenty of disinformation flying to ensure Real Madrid upped their offer and Marca claim this Saturday evening that Los Blancos have signed Isco for 30 million euros.
Isco will be Carlo Ancelotti’s first major signing at Real Madrid and there will be no other players involved in the deal – a straight cash deal for one of the most exciting players in European football.
The 22-year-old’s release clause at Malaga was set at 35 million euros but after negotiations, Real Madrid will pay 30 million including variables.
Marca also suggest Real Madrid may have come to an agreement to loan players to Malaga in the future, but no one will be heading the other way initially.
The Madrid-based paper suggest Manuel Pellegrini was waiting for events to unfold and that Real Madrid have moved very quickly to beat Manchester City to Isco.
Isco’s presentation at the Bernabeu is now expected to take place this coming week.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]