Real Madrid set to beat Manchester City to Malaga playmaker Isco [AS]
- June 14, 2013
Madrid based paper AS lead with the news today that Real Madrid have targeted Malaga attacking midfielder Isco as one of their priority signings this summer.
Zinedine Zidane, who seems set for a coaching role at the Bernabeu under Carlo Ancelotti this coming season, has told Real Madrid president Florentino Perez that Isco is a crucial signing in the post season.
This will come as a blow to Manchester City who were thought to be the front runners for the signature of Isco who would join up with his former coach at Malaga, Manuel Pellegrini.
AS suggest Pellegrini has already talked with Isco and confirmed that the playmaker would be a regular in the starting line-up at Manchester City should he sign on at the Etihad.
However, incoming Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has given his approval to signing Isco and will also give the youngster a key role at the Bernabeu.
Isco has been sensational at the Under-21 European Championships in Israel, leading Spain to a semi-final against Norway on Saturday.
The 21-year-old has a release clause of 35 million euros but has refused to discuss his future until after the European Championships.
After Spain’s victory over Russia in Jerusalem, Isco told select journalists “I wish,” when questioned about joining Manchester City, this was before Real Madrid’s interest was known.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]