- The best Tweets as Aston Villa beat Liverpool 2-1 to reach the FA Cup final
- Steven Gerrard slammed by Liverpool fans after FA Cup defeat to Aston Villa [Best Tweets]
- Michael Owen slated hard on Twitter during first half of Aston Villa v Liverpool [Best Tweets]
- Gareth Bale out of Atletico Madrid 2nd leg, will miss 2-4 weeks [Cope]
- Screamer: An 89th minute 45 yard golazo winner from the American 3rd tier [Video]
Real Madrid scout Dundee United’s 17-year-old starlet Ryan Gauld [Daily Record]
- September 27, 2013
Scotland’s Daily Record have an eye-grabbing piece of transfer news in their Friday paper reporting that Real Madrid are scouting Dundee United’s 17-year-old starlet Ryan Gauld.
As reported by Scott McDermott:
A representative from the Spanish giants’ youth set-up is believed to have been at Tannadice on Tuesday night to see 17-year-old Gauld in action against Partick Thistle.
The playmaker – nicknamed Baby Messi after the Barcelona superstar – is one of Scotland’s top prospects and an Under-19 internationalist.
Gauld made his debut for the Arabs at just two seasons ago at Motherwell when he was just 16 years and five months old, and he has since gone on to make 18 appearances for United scoring two goals.
Apart from the hyped Messi comparisons, Gauld is also likened to Arsenal midfield Jack Wilshere for being a neat player with a sweet left foot who is also capable of striking a fine dead-ball.
United boss Jackie McNamara has reacted to the interest of Real Madrid saying:
This story seems to have grown arms and legs but I’ve been told that someone from Real Madrid’s youth set-up was at the game against Partick. It’s just speculation and no one from Madrid has been in contact with the club.
If they are looking at Ryan, great. But no one has approached myself or the club about it. Until someone makes contact it’s just rumours. If they do, then we’ll take it seriously.
Footage of Dundee United’s 17-year-old starlet Ryan Gauld can be seen below.