- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Real Madrid scored a lightning quick counter attack goal v Fiorentina
We have known about Real Madrid’s counter attacking qualities for some time.
In truth, despite the enormous success achieved by Carlo Ancelotti in around one year, the counter attacking originally started under Jose Mourinho.
But, you wonder if Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is quite aware of just how brilliant Los Blancos at counter attacking.
If he was, surely Perez wouldn’t have sanctioned the signing of James Rodriguez and in turn look to push Angel Di Maria out the club.
In the fourth minute of the friendly against Fiorentina in Warsaw on Saturday night, Cristiano Ronaldo picked the ball up on the edge of his own box.
A burst took Ronaldo past two, he fed Di Maria who had the lungs to push the counter attack on and then played a perfect ball in for the Portuguese attacker to score another goal.
Just brilliant! It only took 9 seconds! No wonder pundits have compared selling Di Maria to letting Claude Makelele go…
- Updated: August 16, 2014