Real Madrid ready to spend €35-40m on Bayern striker Mario Mandzukic next summer [Punto Pelota]
- September 27, 2013
Spanish TV show Punto Pelota claimed to have the inside scoop on a big transfer rumour on Thursday night as François Gallardo announced that Real Madrid will spend €35-40m on Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic next summer, regardless of Los Blancos’ transfer activity this winter.
Gallardo is a well known football insider, who correctly broke the news that Real Madrid were in for Gareth Bale back in early 2013.
Gallardo told Punto Pelota:
My understanding is that while [Real Madrid president] Florentino [Perez] said that Real Madrid were not going to sign, the coaching staff believe the club still need another striker.
Accordingly, Real Madrid’s shopping list for next season, regardless of what happens in December, includes the name of a Bayern player. It’s Mandzukic.
Noticeably, the rumour linking Mandzukic to the Santiago Bernabeu comes in the same week that Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski announced that he is moving to Bayern in January.
Watch the Spanish report in which François Gallardo says Real after after Mandzukic below.
- Bayern Munich v AC Milan: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly from the Audi Cup
- Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner wins the Super Cup with an 89th minute leveller & wi...
- Manuel Neuer made a classic defensive diving header for Bayern v Wolfsburg in the Super...
- Thiago Alcantara receives and returns Xabi Alonso pass without letting it hit ground (V...
- Manuel Neuer plays keepy-uppy game with other Bayern Munich goalkeepers (Video)
- Bayern legend ‘pretty certain’ Pep Guardiola will leave in 2016, backs Jurg...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi