Real Madrid ready to spend €35-40m on Bayern striker Mario Mandzukic next summer [Punto Pelota]
- September 27, 2013
Spanish TV show Punto Pelota claimed to have the inside scoop on a big transfer rumour on Thursday night as François Gallardo announced that Real Madrid will spend €35-40m on Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic next summer, regardless of Los Blancos’ transfer activity this winter.
Gallardo is a well known football insider, who correctly broke the news that Real Madrid were in for Gareth Bale back in early 2013.
Gallardo told Punto Pelota:
My understanding is that while [Real Madrid president] Florentino [Perez] said that Real Madrid were not going to sign, the coaching staff believe the club still need another striker.
Accordingly, Real Madrid’s shopping list for next season, regardless of what happens in December, includes the name of a Bayern player. It’s Mandzukic.
Noticeably, the rumour linking Mandzukic to the Santiago Bernabeu comes in the same week that Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski announced that he is moving to Bayern in January.
Watch the Spanish report in which François Gallardo says Real after after Mandzukic below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...