Real Madrid ready to sell Karim Benzema to Arsenal to raise funds for a mega bid for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez [Express]
- April 22, 2014
The Daily Express have printed what feels like a pie-in-the-sky article on Tuesday morning claiming that Real Madrid are looking to sign Luis Suarez from Liverpool this summer.
In an article that has all the hallmarks of click bait, the tabloid has regurgitated stories from foreign press without being able to fill in any of the crucial blanks i.e. the sums of money involved and/or any supporting quotes suggesting that the deals will actually happen.
Real Madrid are preparing to offload Karim Benzema to Arsenal in a bid to raise funds to launch a sensational move for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.
Reports in Italy suggest that Real remain optimistic that they can persuade Suarez to swap Merseyside for Madrid despite the Uruguayan signing a new contract at Anfield earlier this season.
Juventus are thought to maintain an interest in taking Benzema to Italy but Arsenal – who were heavily linked with a move for the 26-year-old last summer – reportedly remain favourites to sign the striker.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi