- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
- Full video of homeless Cristiano Ronaldo playing with a kid before revealing himself [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers blasts “nasty” Diego Costa & says Liverpool deserved to beat Chelsea [Video]
- Tottenham fan favourite Gareth Bale admits he was an Arsenal fan
Real Madrid re-sign ‘keeper Diego ‘Busto’ Lopez from Sevilla for €4.5 million to cover Casillas injury
They didn’t mess about!
Just three days after Iker Casillas suffered a broken thumb that will put him out of action for 12 weeks, Real Madrid have secured the signing of Diego ‘Busto’ Lopez from Sevilla for €4.5 million (though Marca are reporting €3.5 million).
After talk of Julio Cesar and Maarten Stekelengurg, Madrid finally went with their old canterano Lopez, who spent 6 years at Real Madrid between 2000 – 2006 as Casillas’ understudy.
Despite being a Galician and Lugo being his real hometown club, Lopez says he’s always felt Madridista, and has called it a ‘dream to be coming home’.
Significantly, the signing of Lopez means the No.1 spot is now up for grabs once again, as Lopez doesn’t command the status of a Cesar or Stekelenburg, and will be in stiff competition with local boy Adan to earn the right to become titular.
A springy, athletic ‘keeper, Lopez is known to play quite high off his line and command his box with authority.
Watch Diego Lopez’s career highlight reel below.
- Updated: January 26, 2013