Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira out for 6 months after picking up knee injury for German v Italy [video]
“This is a bitter setback for Sami. But he always thinks positively and that is why I am optimistic he will be ready and fit when the World Cup starts.” – Jogi Low.
Sami Khedira will be devastated today after picking up a knee injury in the second half of Germany’s 1-1 draw with Italy on Friday night.
Not only is it a massive blow for the player and his national team with Khedira’s World Cup participation in major doubt, this will also harm Real Madrid’s chances in the coming months.
Initial reports say the 26-year-old has torn a cruciate ligament and will undergo surgery that will keep him out for six months.
As can be seen on the video below, initially it looks like a very innocuous challenge on Andrea Pirlo from Khedira…
Watch Live Stream
- Germany’s Robert Bauer apologises for trolling Brazil after losing at the OlympicsAugust 21, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski retires from German National Team, teammates pay tribute [Tweets]August 15, 2016
- Thierry Henry-esque: Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry scores yet again as Germany win 4-0 (Video)August 13, 2016
- Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry scored twice for Germany in a 10-0 win v Fiji (Video)August 11, 2016
- Chelsea try to offload Cesc Fabregas to Real Madrid [El Confidencial]August 30, 2016
- Mino Raiola confirms Real Madrid wanted to sign Man United’s Paul Pogba [Telefoot]August 28, 2016
- Atletico Madrid offered Real Madrid €70m for Alvaro Morata [AS]August 28, 2016
- Spurs fans get seriously giddy with excitement about Isco [Tweets]August 28, 2016
- Sami Khedira posts classy message to Paul Pogba after Man United moveAugust 9, 2016
- Bastian Schweinsteiger set for more Euro 2016 action as Sami Khedira suffers adductor tearJuly 3, 2016
- Sami Khedira sends cheeky message to Gigi Buffon on InstagramJune 14, 2016
- Sami Khedira warns the press against writing off Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger (Video)March 28, 2016