Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira out for 6 months after picking up knee injury for German v Italy [video]
“This is a bitter setback for Sami. But he always thinks positively and that is why I am optimistic he will be ready and fit when the World Cup starts.” – Jogi Low.
Sami Khedira will be devastated today after picking up a knee injury in the second half of Germany’s 1-1 draw with Italy on Friday night.
Not only is it a massive blow for the player and his national team with Khedira’s World Cup participation in major doubt, this will also harm Real Madrid’s chances in the coming months.
Initial reports say the 26-year-old has torn a cruciate ligament and will undergo surgery that will keep him out for six months.
As can be seen on the video below, initially it looks like a very innocuous challenge on Andrea Pirlo from Khedira…
Watch Live Stream
- Germany Keeper Manuel Neuer pulls off a Cruyff Turn v Norway [GIF]September 4, 2016
- Germany’s Mesut Ozil sets up Thomas Muller to score the most Thomas Muller goal ever (Video)September 4, 2016
- Classless: Man United fail to even acknowledge massive night for Bastian SchweinsteigerSeptember 1, 2016
- Arsenal’s Shkodran Mustafi individual highlights for Germany v Finland (Video)September 1, 2016
- Real Madrid stars spotted discussing Keylor Navas’ error at half time of Dortmund match (video)September 28, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo accused of kicking out at Marcel Schmelzer [Tweets]September 28, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo needed a cameraman to confirm he was offside v Borussia Dortmund (Video)September 28, 2016
- Luca Zidane concedes goal against Dortmund after dribbling adventure goes wrong (Video)September 27, 2016
- Sami Khedira posts classy message to Paul Pogba after Man United moveAugust 9, 2016
- Bastian Schweinsteiger set for more Euro 2016 action as Sami Khedira suffers adductor tearJuly 3, 2016
- Sami Khedira sends cheeky message to Gigi Buffon on InstagramJune 14, 2016
- Sami Khedira warns the press against writing off Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger (Video)March 28, 2016