Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira out for 6 months after picking up knee injury for German v Italy [video]
“This is a bitter setback for Sami. But he always thinks positively and that is why I am optimistic he will be ready and fit when the World Cup starts.” – Jogi Low.
Sami Khedira will be devastated today after picking up a knee injury in the second half of Germany’s 1-1 draw with Italy on Friday night.
Not only is it a massive blow for the player and his national team with Khedira’s World Cup participation in major doubt, this will also harm Real Madrid’s chances in the coming months.
Initial reports say the 26-year-old has torn a cruciate ligament and will undergo surgery that will keep him out for six months.
As can be seen on the video below, initially it looks like a very innocuous challenge on Andrea Pirlo from Khedira…
Watch Live Stream
- Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger receives excellent news [Bild]May 24th, 2016
- Horrible news for Wolfsburg’s Julian DraxlerApril 14th, 2016
- You can now own the German national team as Lego characters (Videos)April 12th, 2016
- Mesut Ozil scores as Germany dazzle in 4-1 win over Italy (Official Highlights)March 29th, 2016
- Karim Benzema pulls off brilliant assist in Real Madrid training (video)May 25th, 2016
- Jose Mourinho makes Karim Benzema priority target at Manchester United [Independent]May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal have offered €60m to Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata [TuttoSport]May 25th, 2016
- Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane ruled out of Euro 2016 with injuryMay 24th, 2016
- Sami Khedira warns the press against writing off Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger (Video)March 28th, 2016
- New Juventus players Sami Khedira and Simone Zaza visit the club’s training complex [Video]July 13th, 2015
- Still got it: Miroslav Klose scores a glorious lob in Sami Khedira’s charity match [video]June 14th, 2015
- Sami Khedira confirms that he’s leaving Real Madrid with Instagram post [Picture]May 23rd, 2015