Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira out for 6 months after picking up knee injury for German v Italy [video]
“This is a bitter setback for Sami. But he always thinks positively and that is why I am optimistic he will be ready and fit when the World Cup starts.” – Jogi Low.
Sami Khedira will be devastated today after picking up a knee injury in the second half of Germany’s 1-1 draw with Italy on Friday night.
Not only is it a massive blow for the player and his national team with Khedira’s World Cup participation in major doubt, this will also harm Real Madrid’s chances in the coming months.
Initial reports say the 26-year-old has torn a cruciate ligament and will undergo surgery that will keep him out for six months.
As can be seen on the video below, initially it looks like a very innocuous challenge on Andrea Pirlo from Khedira…
Watch Live Stream
- Gigi Buffon’s perfect reaction when Italy fans booed the German anthem (Video)November 16, 2016
- Thomas Muller continues his feud v San Marino on FacebookNovember 16, 2016
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen responds to racist tweet about Barcelona teammate Samuel UmtitiNovember 15, 2016
- Arsenal’s Shkodran Mustafi pulls off brilliant touch in Germany training (video)November 15, 2016
- Taxi for Jordi Alba: Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic speaks 5 languages (Video)December 7, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals his career plans after football to FourFourTwoDecember 7, 2016
- Real Madrid defender Pepe posts his tax returns on InstagramDecember 7, 2016
- Neymar & Cristiano Ronaldo charge a fortune for their signatures [El Confidencial]December 7, 2016
- Sami Khedira posts classy message to Paul Pogba after Man United moveAugust 9, 2016
- Bastian Schweinsteiger set for more Euro 2016 action as Sami Khedira suffers adductor tearJuly 3, 2016
- Sami Khedira sends cheeky message to Gigi Buffon on InstagramJune 14, 2016
- Sami Khedira warns the press against writing off Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger (Video)March 28, 2016