- RUMOUR: Marseille may be bought by Saudi prince Al Walid, world’s 35th-richest man [L'Equipe]
- Neil Warnock disappointed Crystal Palace didn’t score more v Liverpool!
- Arsenal Alexis Sanchez is burnt out by too much football & too much sex [La Cuarta]
- Joao Moutinho to leave Monaco in January: Man United, Arsenal & Spurs interested [L'Equipe]
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere turned on Harpenden’s Xmas lights wearing a protective boot [Picture]
Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira out for 6 months after picking up knee injury for German v Italy [video]
“This is a bitter setback for Sami. But he always thinks positively and that is why I am optimistic he will be ready and fit when the World Cup starts.” – Jogi Low.
Sami Khedira will be devastated today after picking up a knee injury in the second half of Germany’s 1-1 draw with Italy on Friday night.
Not only is it a massive blow for the player and his national team with Khedira’s World Cup participation in major doubt, this will also harm Real Madrid’s chances in the coming months.
Initial reports say the 26-year-old has torn a cruciate ligament and will undergo surgery that will keep him out for six months.
As can be seen on the video below, initially it looks like a very innocuous challenge on Andrea Pirlo from Khedira…
- Updated: November 16, 2013