Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira out for 6 months after picking up knee injury for German v Italy [video]
“This is a bitter setback for Sami. But he always thinks positively and that is why I am optimistic he will be ready and fit when the World Cup starts.” – Jogi Low.
Sami Khedira will be devastated today after picking up a knee injury in the second half of Germany’s 1-1 draw with Italy on Friday night.
Not only is it a massive blow for the player and his national team with Khedira’s World Cup participation in major doubt, this will also harm Real Madrid’s chances in the coming months.
Initial reports say the 26-year-old has torn a cruciate ligament and will undergo surgery that will keep him out for six months.
As can be seen on the video below, initially it looks like a very innocuous challenge on Andrea Pirlo from Khedira…
Watch Live Stream
- Podolski pays tribute to Schweinsteiger upon Germany retirement with reference to that SelfieJuly 29, 2016
- Arsenal starlet named in Germany’s 18 man Olympics squad [Graphic]July 15, 2016
- German paper Bild accuse a French player of doping in their Euro semi finalJuly 13, 2016
- France Beats Germany. Everyone Goes Nuts (Video)July 10, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane gives son Enzo his Real Madrid debut v PSG (Video)July 28, 2016
- Meunier at the double as PSG ease past Real Madrid 3-1 (Videos)July 28, 2016
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang slams the media on Instagram for his supposed Real Madrid obsessionJuly 27, 2016
- Man United target Paul Pogba urges fans not to believe the newspapers (Video)July 27, 2016
- Bastian Schweinsteiger set for more Euro 2016 action as Sami Khedira suffers adductor tearJuly 3, 2016
- Sami Khedira sends cheeky message to Gigi Buffon on InstagramJune 14, 2016
- Sami Khedira warns the press against writing off Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger (Video)March 28, 2016
- New Juventus players Sami Khedira and Simone Zaza visit the club’s training complex [Video]July 13, 2015