Real Madrid meet Malaga on Friday to seal Isco transfer ahead of Man City [Marca]
- June 21, 2013
Another day, another headline regarding Spaniard starlet Isco.
A day after Spanish newspaper and website El Confidencial reported that Isco will join Manchester City for 25 million euros, Marca have splashed their front page with news that Real Madrid are to meet with Malaga on Friday to concluded transfer negotiations for the attacking midfielder.
Marca’s headline concludes a confusing week for those trying to predict where Isco’s future lies.
Aside from the Friday splash on Marca, Real Madrid fans have been encouraged that Isco will arrive at the Santiago Bernabeu, after Alvaro Morata told reporters that he’d tried to convince the playmaker to join Los Blancos. Morata said:
I’ve known Isco for a long time. I know he has the dribbling ability to do that, so it does not surprise me. Trying to put pressure on him, I said that my team is the best in the world.
But Manchester City fans have also been fed lines which have made them believe Isco is heading to Eastlands too.
According to reports, Manuel Pellegrini, whom Isco played under at Malaga, has offered Isco a starring role at the Etihad whilst the playmaker was unsure where he would fit in at the Bernabeu with the likes of Mesut Ozil, Kaka and Luka Modric all available to new boss Carlo Ancelotti.
Moreover, Isco and his representatives held a meeting with Real Madrid at the Bernabeu three weeks ago but were convinced by the project laid out by Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain with the City bid receiving a boost when Pellegrini arrived at the Etihad.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...