Real Madrid hopeful of selling Khedira to Arsenal rather than losing him for free to Bayern [Metro]
Real Madrid are hopeful that they can sell Sami Khedira to Arsenal rather than losing the midfielder for free to a vengeful Bayern Munich, according to the Metro.
Khedira is surplus to requirements at Madrid but the club want Arsenal to pay more than the £24 million bid submitted.
However, they might have to accept the offer as Bayern Munich are hovering around and trying to tempt Khedira to come back to Germany.
The midfielder’s contract expires next summer and Bayern want to get their revenge on Madrid for the way they acquired Toni Kroos.
Khedira wants a move to Arsenal and reportedly even agreed to lower his wages for the switch but interest from the club has cooled recently.
- Bayern Munich boost as Franck Ribery starts running again (Video)
- Xabi Alonso is no longer the king of the long range golazo at Bayern Munich (Video)
- Bayern’s Franz Beckenbauer quotes the Bible to convince Pep Guardiola to not join...
- Pep Guardiola has agreed to take over at Man City next season [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t speak to Rafa Benitez over ‘Best in the WorldR...
- Philippe Coutinho’s agent Kia Joorabchian says his client is staying at Liverpool...
- David Beckham compares former Man United and Real Madrid teammates (Video)
- Mutiny in Madrid? Real boss Rafa Benitez has had run ins Sergio Ramos, Cristiano Ronald...