“Real have no interest whatsoever in Man United’s Rooney. Zero interest” – Guillem Balague, Sky Sports
- January 22, 2014
Well that rumour didn’t take long to be consigned into the rubbish bin.
With a little over a week to go in the January transfer market, the well-respected Telegraph and Times joined forces over night to promote the story that Real MAdrid are looking to sign Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney in the summer.
According to the Telegraph’s Mark Ogden:
Real Madrid are planning to enter the race to sign Wayne Rooney this summer after identifying the Manchester United forward as more attainable than their first-choice target Sergio Agüero.
Although United remain determined to resist all offers for Rooney, preferring to hold the 28-year-old to the remaining 18 months on his Old Trafford contract, Real believe that the England forward can be prised away from the Premier League champions at the end of the season.
Figures banded about in the Telegraph claim that Real Madrid will bid £25m for Rooney, while the Times suggest that a fee of £32 million will be offered by Los Blancos.
As the Real for Rooney swirls around, Sky Sports’ Spanish pundit Guillem Balague has now waded into the mix to wholeheartedly deny the credibility of the story.
In one of the most unequivocal denials seen this winter, Balague has posted an update on Twitter saying “Real Madrid have no interest whatsoever in Wayne Rooney. Zero interest.”
Below are the backpages of Times Times and Telegraph on Wednesday.
- Manchester United fan & World’s Fastest Man Usain Bolt takes the Dizzy Goals...
- Karel Poborsky scores lovely chip in Manchester United Legends win over Liverpool (Video)
- Banished and Numberless Victor Valdes thanks Manchester United fans for support on Twitter
- From Les Ulis to Manchester Untied: Patrice Evra once gave the young Anthony Martial hi...
- Manchester United’s Anthony Martial admits €80m fee is ‘crazy’ (Video)
- Louis van Gaal & Rafa Benitez argue over breakdown of the David De Gea transfer (V...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...