- Fan Cam: Radamel Falcao’s header v Aston Villa, Man United fans go wild
- Chelsea’s Didier Drogba suspected of cheating after 2014 Miss World Netherlands drops hint
- An ugly bench clearing brawl stopped Tottenham’s U18s match v USA U17 early [Video]
- Ouch! Quini takes out his Rayo Vallecano coach with a two footed tackle v Espanyol [Video]
- Pochettino presser: Spurs boss delighted with 3 wins in a week, says Lamela needs time [video]
Real Madrid drop plan to sign Liverpool’s Luis Suarez for this summer, ready to up Benzema’s salary to €7m [Confidencial]
So it looks like Florentino Perez’s Galactico project is going to take a 1 year sabbatical.
El Confidencial claim that Real Madrid have now parked the plan to sign their number 1 Galactico target, Luis Suarez, deeming the Uruguayan to bee too expensive – for this summer.
The Spanish investigative outlet believe the decision to drop the Suarez plan was helped by their growing confidence in Karim Benzema’s ability to lead the forward line in the years to come, and they’re now planning to up the French striker’s salary accordingly.
The increased pay packet will take Benzema to €7m net per year, which will put him on a par with Sergio Ramos in earning power terms.
El Confidencial reason that Benzema’s weight in the dressing room is also an important factor, with the likes of Ramos and Cristiano expressing the utmost confidence in him.
The new deal would take Benzema through to 2018 at the Bernabeu.
Liverpool fans can breathe a big sigh of relief. For now…
- Updated: June 20, 2014