Real Madrid drop plan to sign Liverpool’s Luis Suarez for this summer, ready to up Benzema’s salary to €7m [Confidencial]
- June 20, 2014
So it looks like Florentino Perez’s Galactico project is going to take a 1 year sabbatical.
El Confidencial claim that Real Madrid have now parked the plan to sign their number 1 Galactico target, Luis Suarez, deeming the Uruguayan to bee too expensive – for this summer.
The Spanish investigative outlet believe the decision to drop the Suarez plan was helped by their growing confidence in Karim Benzema’s ability to lead the forward line in the years to come, and they’re now planning to up the French striker’s salary accordingly.
The increased pay packet will take Benzema to €7m net per year, which will put him on a par with Sergio Ramos in earning power terms.
El Confidencial reason that Benzema’s weight in the dressing room is also an important factor, with the likes of Ramos and Cristiano expressing the utmost confidence in him.
The new deal would take Benzema through to 2018 at the Bernabeu.
Liverpool fans can breathe a big sigh of relief. For now…
- Jeinny Lizarazo ‘explains’ Benzema saga to Arsenal fans (Video)
- Miami Heat star Luol Deng hopes Arsenal sign Karim Benzema (Video)
- Unpunished: Venezuelan model Jeinny Lizarazo publishes DMs, claiming why Benzema to Ars...
- Karim Benzema destroys any talk of a move to Arsenal on Twitter [Best Tweets]
- Karim Benzema keen on move from Real Madrid to Arsenal, according to Sunday Star
- Arsenal fan Moh doesn’t think Karim Benzema is world class, same level as Wayne R...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...