Real Madrid drop plan to sign Liverpool’s Luis Suarez for this summer, ready to up Benzema’s salary to €7m [Confidencial]
- June 20, 2014
So it looks like Florentino Perez’s Galactico project is going to take a 1 year sabbatical.
El Confidencial claim that Real Madrid have now parked the plan to sign their number 1 Galactico target, Luis Suarez, deeming the Uruguayan to bee too expensive – for this summer.
The Spanish investigative outlet believe the decision to drop the Suarez plan was helped by their growing confidence in Karim Benzema’s ability to lead the forward line in the years to come, and they’re now planning to up the French striker’s salary accordingly.
The increased pay packet will take Benzema to €7m net per year, which will put him on a par with Sergio Ramos in earning power terms.
El Confidencial reason that Benzema’s weight in the dressing room is also an important factor, with the likes of Ramos and Cristiano expressing the utmost confidence in him.
The new deal would take Benzema through to 2018 at the Bernabeu.
Liverpool fans can breathe a big sigh of relief. For now…
- Arsene Wenger patiently waiting to see if he can bring Karim Benzema to Arsenal [El Con...
- Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema quizzed about dating Rihanna by TMZ [Video]
- Karim Benzema’s agent denies talks with Man United, says striker is staying at Re...
- Real Madrid hopeful selling Benzema to United will accelerate De Gea move [AS]
- Manchester United hold talks with Karim Benzema’s agent [MEN]
- Man United try to sign Karim Benzema as Real Madrid wrap up David De Gea deal [MEN]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi