Real Madrid beat Elche with epically dodgy penalty, Pepe dragging defender to the ground
- September 25, 2013
‘Bigger teams get the decisons’, so the old football proverb goes, but this was just laughably dodgy and weak refereeing.
Real Madrid were on the cusp of dropping 2 points at plucky Elche tonight after conceding an 89th minute equaliser, which could have very plausibly put the Liga title race beyond them, such is the need for the Big 2 to take maximum spoils from every game.
In the following attack though, their bacon was saved by some generous refereeing, as Madrid’s Pepe – instead of being whistled for fouling and dragging the Elche defender to the ground – was awarded a 91st minute penalty.
It was clever from Pepe, but the ref should clearly have seen what was going on, standing just yards away.
Watch the dodgy penalty that earned Madrid a 2-1 win at Elche (converted by Cristiano) on the clip below.
[gthumb id=”358326″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...