Real Madrid beat Elche with epically dodgy penalty, Pepe dragging defender to the ground
- September 25, 2013
‘Bigger teams get the decisons’, so the old football proverb goes, but this was just laughably dodgy and weak refereeing.
Real Madrid were on the cusp of dropping 2 points at plucky Elche tonight after conceding an 89th minute equaliser, which could have very plausibly put the Liga title race beyond them, such is the need for the Big 2 to take maximum spoils from every game.
In the following attack though, their bacon was saved by some generous refereeing, as Madrid’s Pepe – instead of being whistled for fouling and dragging the Elche defender to the ground – was awarded a 91st minute penalty.
It was clever from Pepe, but the ref should clearly have seen what was going on, standing just yards away.
Watch the dodgy penalty that earned Madrid a 2-1 win at Elche (converted by Cristiano) on the clip below.
[gthumb id=”358326″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...