Ray Hudson wonders how Gareth Bale cost €100m after woeful display in the Madrid derby
Judging by the amount of retweets and favourites garnered by the Tweet above, Ray Hudson’s opinion on Gareth Bale’s performance against Atletico Madrid was shared by a fair few people on the social networking site.
Hudson is one of the most respected commentators in world football and it is somewhat of a surprise that he outed Bale in this manner so early on in the season.
Introduced at half-time, for his Bernabeu debut, Gareth Bale was a long way off his best during a woeful second half against Atletico Madrid.
Losing 1-0 was bad enough, but Bale will have to go a long way to even produce a passable display if the second 45 are anything to go by.
The highlight was arguably a run that won a free-kick on the edge of the box – the rest of the display was littered with runs that ended in blind alleys and a tame shot easily saved by Thibaut Courtois.
Of course, Bale has hardly had time to train, did not have anything by way of a proper pre-season and was up against a fine full back in Filipe Luis, but the Welsh forward will need to perform better in the coming months.
Gareth Bale’s poor individual performance against Atletico Madrid is on the video below.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale names the player who trains the best at Real Madrid – and no, it’s not Ronaldo (Video)October 14, 2016
- Gareth Bale’s new Real Madrid contact will include an astronomical release clause [Cadena Ser]October 13, 2016
- The Wales team photo prank got even more ridiculous pre Georgia gameOctober 9, 2016
- Gareth Bale tries and fails to play dumb over Wales’ prank team pictures (Video)October 8, 2016
- Barcelona legend Eric Abidal says that Cristiano Ronaldo is a burden for Portugal [Grup 14]October 21, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo offends Buddhists on social mediaOctober 20, 2016
- Shocking footage emerges of clashes between Legia Ultras and Madrid police (Videos)October 19, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane admits more is expected of Cristiano Ronaldo after 5-1 Real Madrid win (Video)October 19, 2016