Ray Hudson wonders how Gareth Bale cost €100m after woeful display in the Madrid derby
Judging by the amount of retweets and favourites garnered by the Tweet above, Ray Hudson’s opinion on Gareth Bale’s performance against Atletico Madrid was shared by a fair few people on the social networking site.
Hudson is one of the most respected commentators in world football and it is somewhat of a surprise that he outed Bale in this manner so early on in the season.
Introduced at half-time, for his Bernabeu debut, Gareth Bale was a long way off his best during a woeful second half against Atletico Madrid.
Losing 1-0 was bad enough, but Bale will have to go a long way to even produce a passable display if the second 45 are anything to go by.
The highlight was arguably a run that won a free-kick on the edge of the box – the rest of the display was littered with runs that ended in blind alleys and a tame shot easily saved by Thibaut Courtois.
Of course, Bale has hardly had time to train, did not have anything by way of a proper pre-season and was up against a fine full back in Filipe Luis, but the Welsh forward will need to perform better in the coming months.
Gareth Bale’s poor individual performance against Atletico Madrid is on the video below.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale & Emma Rhys-Jones share happy news on InstagramJuly 17, 2016
- Euro 2016 Best XI: Cristiano Ronaldo, Arsenal & Liverpool stars make cut, but not Gareth BaleJuly 11, 2016
- Gareth Bale tweets about Cristiano Ronaldo’s injury during Euro 2016 finalJuly 10, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals what he said to Gareth Bale after Portugal v WalesJuly 7, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane gives son Enzo his Real Madrid debut v PSG (Video)July 28, 2016
- Meunier at the double as PSG ease past Real Madrid 3-1 (Videos)July 28, 2016
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang slams the media on Instagram for his supposed Real Madrid obsessionJuly 27, 2016
- Man United target Paul Pogba urges fans not to believe the newspapers (Video)July 27, 2016