Ray Hudson wonders how Gareth Bale cost €100m after woeful display in the Madrid derby
- September 29, 2013
Judging by the amount of retweets and favourites garnered by the Tweet above, Ray Hudson’s opinion on Gareth Bale’s performance against Atletico Madrid was shared by a fair few people on the social networking site.
Hudson is one of the most respected commentators in world football and it is somewhat of a surprise that he outed Bale in this manner so early on in the season.
Introduced at half-time, for his Bernabeu debut, Gareth Bale was a long way off his best during a woeful second half against Atletico Madrid.
Losing 1-0 was bad enough, but Bale will have to go a long way to even produce a passable display if the second 45 are anything to go by.
The highlight was arguably a run that won a free-kick on the edge of the box – the rest of the display was littered with runs that ended in blind alleys and a tame shot easily saved by Thibaut Courtois.
Of course, Bale has hardly had time to train, did not have anything by way of a proper pre-season and was up against a fine full back in Filipe Luis, but the Welsh forward will need to perform better in the coming months.
Gareth Bale’s poor individual performance against Atletico Madrid is on the video below.
- Bale & James bag braces as Real Madrid smash Real Betis 5-1 (Highlights)
- Gareth Bale gives first ever Spanish interview with 3 sentences learned by heart (Video)
- Gareth Bale arrives at Real Madrid training in a chauffeur-driven Porsche 911 Classic (...
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale wins at Life with Slo-Mo Swimming Pool Scissors Kick (V...
- No place for Gareth Bale in Real Madrid fans’ Starting XI [MARCA Survey]
- Fail: Real Madrid star Gareth Bale & his friends take dizzy penalties (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...