- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is the same type of striker as Alexis Sanchez’
- Alan Shearer pays tribute to Thierry Henry: ‘One hell of a player, and a really nice guy’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal the butt of a very Dutch joke at awards show – he doesn’t like it! [Video]
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti on possible Jan signings: ‘I like Christoph Kramer a lot’ [Video]
Ray Hudson wonders how Gareth Bale cost €100m after woeful display in the Madrid derby
Judging by the amount of retweets and favourites garnered by the Tweet above, Ray Hudson’s opinion on Gareth Bale’s performance against Atletico Madrid was shared by a fair few people on the social networking site.
Hudson is one of the most respected commentators in world football and it is somewhat of a surprise that he outed Bale in this manner so early on in the season.
Introduced at half-time, for his Bernabeu debut, Gareth Bale was a long way off his best during a woeful second half against Atletico Madrid.
Losing 1-0 was bad enough, but Bale will have to go a long way to even produce a passable display if the second 45 are anything to go by.
The highlight was arguably a run that won a free-kick on the edge of the box – the rest of the display was littered with runs that ended in blind alleys and a tame shot easily saved by Thibaut Courtois.
Of course, Bale has hardly had time to train, did not have anything by way of a proper pre-season and was up against a fine full back in Filipe Luis, but the Welsh forward will need to perform better in the coming months.
Gareth Bale’s poor individual performance against Atletico Madrid is on the video below.
- Updated: September 29, 2013