Ray Hudson wonders how Gareth Bale cost €100m after woeful display in the Madrid derby
Judging by the amount of retweets and favourites garnered by the Tweet above, Ray Hudson’s opinion on Gareth Bale’s performance against Atletico Madrid was shared by a fair few people on the social networking site.
Hudson is one of the most respected commentators in world football and it is somewhat of a surprise that he outed Bale in this manner so early on in the season.
Introduced at half-time, for his Bernabeu debut, Gareth Bale was a long way off his best during a woeful second half against Atletico Madrid.
Losing 1-0 was bad enough, but Bale will have to go a long way to even produce a passable display if the second 45 are anything to go by.
The highlight was arguably a run that won a free-kick on the edge of the box – the rest of the display was littered with runs that ended in blind alleys and a tame shot easily saved by Thibaut Courtois.
Of course, Bale has hardly had time to train, did not have anything by way of a proper pre-season and was up against a fine full back in Filipe Luis, but the Welsh forward will need to perform better in the coming months.
Gareth Bale’s poor individual performance against Atletico Madrid is on the video below.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale’s injury is much worse than Real Madrid first anticipated [AS]December 1, 2016
- Two footballers included in shortlist for 2016 BBC Sports Personality of the Year awardNovember 28, 2016
- How will Real Madrid cope without Gareth Bale? There are three optionsNovember 24, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid & Gareth Bale [AS]November 24, 2016
- Incredible Sergio Ramos does it again: Real Madrid beat Deportivo in the 92nd minute [Tweets]December 10, 2016
- Real Madrid bad boy Pepe punched Ryan Babel in the gutDecember 10, 2016
- Nacho trolled Alvaro Morata after he scored for Real Madrid regarding his recent viral videoDecember 10, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo takes his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez to watch Real Madrid v DeportivoDecember 10, 2016