- Bayern to battle Man City & PSG for Wolfsburg’s Kevin De Bruyne, says his agent [Bild]
- Charlton’s Johann Gudmundsson nets 88th minute howitzer to equalise v Cardiff [Official Video]
- Arsenal starlet Kris Olsson confirms permanent move to FC Midtjylland on Instagram
- Ex-Arsenal striker J.E.T. with the world’s slowest run up for a penalty for Bristol City [Official Video]
- Liverpool loanee Jordon Ibe stunning solo golazo for Derby v Birmingham [Official Video]
Raul Meireles handed 11 game ban for spitting at referee in Istanbul derby
Ex-Liverpool and Chelsea Portuguese midfielder now plies his trade at Turkish giants Fenerbahce.
Last weekend saw the mouthwatering clash between Galatasaray and Fenerbahce in which Gala prevailed 2-1 to extend their lead at the top.
In the 82nd minute Raul Meirles put the nail in Fenerbahce’s coffin by being shown a second yellow card. He clearly wasn’t too happy at this decision. After much shouting at the man in charge, Meireles allegedly spat at him too before taking an early bath.
Raul Meireles has protested his innocence saying ‘“It is not true,” he said. “It is an attack on my human rights. I’m the one who knows what I am doing. I do not want to get punished for something I did not do. I’m a father so this puts me in a difficult situation when I’m teaching my child. My daughter at school gets told ‘your father spat at the referee“.
Watch footage of the spitting in the video below. 0:27 is when the alleged spitting occurs:
- Updated: December 21, 2012