- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Raul Meireles handed 11 game ban for spitting at referee in Istanbul derby
- Updated: December 21, 2012
Ex-Liverpool and Chelsea Portuguese midfielder now plies his trade at Turkish giants Fenerbahce.
Last weekend saw the mouthwatering clash between Galatasaray and Fenerbahce in which Gala prevailed 2-1 to extend their lead at the top.
In the 82nd minute Raul Meirles put the nail in Fenerbahce’s coffin by being shown a second yellow card. He clearly wasn’t too happy at this decision. After much shouting at the man in charge, Meireles allegedly spat at him too before taking an early bath.
Raul Meireles has protested his innocence saying ‘“It is not true,” he said. “It is an attack on my human rights. I’m the one who knows what I am doing. I do not want to get punished for something I did not do. I’m a father so this puts me in a difficult situation when I’m teaching my child. My daughter at school gets told ‘your father spat at the referee“.
Watch footage of the spitting in the video below. 0:27 is when the alleged spitting occurs: