Raphael Varane refuses to discuss Chelsea interest, Madrid defender focusing on World Cup [Marca]
If the transfer gossips are to be believed, Raphael Varane is a serious target for Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.
The Special One introduced Varane into the Real Madrid first team where he became one of the top young defenders in the world.
Yet, Varane was not first choice for the Champions League winners in 2013/2014 as Carlo Ancelotti usually preferred Pepe and Sergio Ramos in central defence.
With Chelsea having sold David Luiz, it would appear Mourinho wants to bring Varane to Stamford Bridge.
When asked about Chelsea’s interest, Varane told Marca: “Chelsea’s interest? At the moment I’m not thinking about that at all. We have a World Cup to prepare for, it’s not the time to think about such issues.”
Marca add that Jose Mourinho has guaranteed Varane a starting spot at Chelsea and the French defender wants to speak with Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti before deciding his future.
Varane also spoke about the incident with Diego Simeone at the end of the Champions League final: “I have immense respect for Simeone, both for his playing career and as a coach. That respect he deserves and he he has already accomplished great things and is already among the best. In the context of a final match in the deciding match of the Champions League there is much tension. We’re both competitors and the tension rose, but in the end it remained a story.”
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea & Arsenal remain interested in James Rodriguez [AS]August 26, 2016
- Chelsea’s official channel destroy a Spurs fan on FacebookAugust 26, 2016
- Chelsea fans react angrily on Twitter to club’s announcement of goalkeeper EduardoAugust 25, 2016
- AC Milan confirm rejection of huge Chelsea offer for Alessio Romagnoli [Official Statement]August 25, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Wolves man Cameron Borthwick-Jackson reveals Jose Mourinho’s encouraging words (Video)August 22, 2016
- Jose Mourinho’s treatment of Bastian Schweinsteiger will cost Manchester United a few £ millionAugust 21, 2016
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho explains how he reached out to ‘unloved’ Marouane FellainiAugust 20, 2016
- Man United’s move for Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane [Cope]August 25, 2016
- Real Madrid have decided to sell Raphael Varane amidst Man United interest [El Confidencial]June 29, 2016
- Raphael Varane’s Real Madrid future in doubt, Man United linked to defender [Marca]June 14, 2016
- Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane ruled out of Euro 2016 with injuryMay 24, 2016