- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Rant! Brendan Rodgers in hot water after blasting referee as “horrendous”
- Updated: December 27, 2013
Brendan Rodgers described the refereeing performance by Lee Mason in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester City as “horrendous”.
The Liverpool manager said:
“We had no help whatsoever from the officials,
“I thought they were horrendous. We had nothing go our way at all. I was surprised we’re playing in Manchester with a referee from Greater Manchester. I didn’t think we got any decision go for us. I never speak about officials but I feel the need to protect the players this evening. They were outstanding and got nothing.”
Rodgers comments are sure to be looked at by the FA and could even serve a touchline ban.
Rodgers also highlighted certain incidents, such as the offside call against Raheem Sterling and why Suarez didn’t get a penalty when jostling with Joleon Lescott in the box awaiting a corner.
“It is a perfectly timed run when he was through on goal, the kind of move we have worked hard on. You can’t get a decision like that wrong at this level. They are big moments in a big game.”
“There was another incident where Luis didn’t get a free-kick when Joleon Lescott comes through and it was waved play on. It is arguable it is a penalty at the end. But it was throughout the game.”
“Listen, the officials make mistakes. I just felt that the mistakes made tonight shouldn’t have happened at this level.”
Should these quotes land Brendan Rodgers in hot water or is he entitled to say his opinion?