Rant! Brendan Rodgers in hot water after blasting referee as “horrendous”
- December 27, 2013
Brendan Rodgers described the refereeing performance by Lee Mason in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester City as “horrendous”.
The Liverpool manager said:
“We had no help whatsoever from the officials,
“I thought they were horrendous. We had nothing go our way at all. I was surprised we’re playing in Manchester with a referee from Greater Manchester. I didn’t think we got any decision go for us. I never speak about officials but I feel the need to protect the players this evening. They were outstanding and got nothing.”
Rodgers comments are sure to be looked at by the FA and could even serve a touchline ban.
Rodgers also highlighted certain incidents, such as the offside call against Raheem Sterling and why Suarez didn’t get a penalty when jostling with Joleon Lescott in the box awaiting a corner.
“It is a perfectly timed run when he was through on goal, the kind of move we have worked hard on. You can’t get a decision like that wrong at this level. They are big moments in a big game.”
“There was another incident where Luis didn’t get a free-kick when Joleon Lescott comes through and it was waved play on. It is arguable it is a penalty at the end. But it was throughout the game.”
“Listen, the officials make mistakes. I just felt that the mistakes made tonight shouldn’t have happened at this level.”
Should these quotes land Brendan Rodgers in hot water or is he entitled to say his opinion?
- ‘Excellent Decision': Brendan Rodgers claims that Benteke’s goal v Bournemo...
- Liverpool have £15million bid accepted for Borussia Dortmund star Henrikh Mkhitaryan [I...
- Jose Mourinho: Rui Faria could be a manager tomorrow, rates him higher than Liverpool...
- Lucas Leiva set to leave Liverpool after being left out of squad to face Stoke [Guardian]
- Brendan Rodgers starts post-match presser with classic Stoke cliche (Video)
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers praises Coutinho after 1-0 win over Stoke (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...