Rant! Brendan Rodgers in hot water after blasting referee as “horrendous”
- December 27, 2013
Brendan Rodgers described the refereeing performance by Lee Mason in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester City as “horrendous”.
The Liverpool manager said:
“We had no help whatsoever from the officials,
“I thought they were horrendous. We had nothing go our way at all. I was surprised we’re playing in Manchester with a referee from Greater Manchester. I didn’t think we got any decision go for us. I never speak about officials but I feel the need to protect the players this evening. They were outstanding and got nothing.”
Rodgers comments are sure to be looked at by the FA and could even serve a touchline ban.
Rodgers also highlighted certain incidents, such as the offside call against Raheem Sterling and why Suarez didn’t get a penalty when jostling with Joleon Lescott in the box awaiting a corner.
“It is a perfectly timed run when he was through on goal, the kind of move we have worked hard on. You can’t get a decision like that wrong at this level. They are big moments in a big game.”
“There was another incident where Luis didn’t get a free-kick when Joleon Lescott comes through and it was waved play on. It is arguable it is a penalty at the end. But it was throughout the game.”
“Listen, the officials make mistakes. I just felt that the mistakes made tonight shouldn’t have happened at this level.”
Should these quotes land Brendan Rodgers in hot water or is he entitled to say his opinion?
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...