Raheem Sterling set to start for England v Italy as Danny Welbeck suffers injury setback [Backpages]
- June 10, 2014
There was already a huge clamour for Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling to start against England on Saturday, and that likelihood is now almost a certainty, after Man United’s Danny Welbeck suffered an injury setback at Tuesday’s session.
Welbeck, who many had penciled in to start against Italy, now looks almost sure to miss Saturday’s game having limped out of Tuesday’s session, and this has cause a major shuffle in Hodgson’s plans, according to tomorrow’s backpages.
The Mirror claim that Hodgson’s plan is to now play Sterling as a number 10 ‘in the hole’, with Rooney on the left.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...