Raheem Sterling set to start for England v Italy as Danny Welbeck suffers injury setback [Backpages]
There was already a huge clamour for Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling to start against England on Saturday, and that likelihood is now almost a certainty, after Man United’s Danny Welbeck suffered an injury setback at Tuesday’s session.
Welbeck, who many had penciled in to start against Italy, now looks almost sure to miss Saturday’s game having limped out of Tuesday’s session, and this has cause a major shuffle in Hodgson’s plans, according to tomorrow’s backpages.
The Mirror claim that Hodgson’s plan is to now play Sterling as a number 10 ‘in the hole’, with Rooney on the left.
Watch Live Stream
- Danny Welbeck trolled Jack Wilshere after Arsenal scored v Bournemouth (Video)November 27, 2016
- Arsenal fans react cynically to news that Danny Welbeck will return ahead of schedule [Tweets]August 19, 2016
- Arsenal get a rare, positive injury update for Danny WelbeckAugust 19, 2016
- Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck will be out of action for nine months [Tweets]May 11, 2016
- Man City winger Raheem Sterling & family pull off a mannequin challenge (Video)November 12, 2016
- Hypocrites: The Daily Star’s latest attack on Man City’s Raheem Sterling is completely insaneNovember 3, 2016
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling reveals why he decided to leave LiverpoolNovember 3, 2016
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling booked for diving v Barcelona; it looked like a penalty (Video)November 1, 2016
- Wayne Rooney suspended for Manchester United’s trip to EvertonNovember 30, 2016
- James Collins jokes about Wayne Rooney after Man United 1 – West Ham 1 [Instagram]November 28, 2016
- Man United captain Wayne Rooney trolls fame-hungry masseur [Instagram]November 26, 2016
- In the clear after Red Wine Weddingate: Wayne Rooney will keep England captaincy [Mirror]November 25, 2016