- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
- Full video of homeless Cristiano Ronaldo playing with a kid before revealing himself [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers blasts “nasty” Diego Costa & says Liverpool deserved to beat Chelsea [Video]
- Tottenham fan favourite Gareth Bale admits he was an Arsenal fan
Raheem Sterling set to start for England v Italy as Danny Welbeck suffers injury setback [Backpages]
There was already a huge clamour for Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling to start against England on Saturday, and that likelihood is now almost a certainty, after Man United’s Danny Welbeck suffered an injury setback at Tuesday’s session.
Welbeck, who many had penciled in to start against Italy, now looks almost sure to miss Saturday’s game having limped out of Tuesday’s session, and this has cause a major shuffle in Hodgson’s plans, according to tomorrow’s backpages.
The Mirror claim that Hodgson’s plan is to now play Sterling as a number 10 ‘in the hole’, with Rooney on the left.
- Updated: June 10, 2014