Raheem Sterling set to start for England v Italy as Danny Welbeck suffers injury setback [Backpages]
- June 10, 2014
There was already a huge clamour for Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling to start against England on Saturday, and that likelihood is now almost a certainty, after Man United’s Danny Welbeck suffered an injury setback at Tuesday’s session.
Welbeck, who many had penciled in to start against Italy, now looks almost sure to miss Saturday’s game having limped out of Tuesday’s session, and this has cause a major shuffle in Hodgson’s plans, according to tomorrow’s backpages.
The Mirror claim that Hodgson’s plan is to now play Sterling as a number 10 ‘in the hole’, with Rooney on the left.
- Danny Welbeck’s goalscoring stats are much worse since leaving Man United for Ars...
- Danny Welbeck explains why he had no problem celebrating scoring for Arsenal v Man Unit...
- Man United & Arsenal fan channels compare Danny Welbeck & Radamel Falcao [Video]
- Arsenal’s Danny Welbeck talks about his new role playing on the wing [Video]
- Mario Balotelli & Danny Welbeck receive most social media abuse, Chelsea top PL cl...
- Arsene Wenger says Danny Welbeck has improved technically since joining Arsenal [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi