WOWZERS! Rafael van der Vaart scores Di Canioesque Scissors Kick Golazo in Hamburg’s 5-0 win at Nurnberg
- October 6, 2013
WOW, where did this come from?
With Hamburg languishing in the Bundesliga’s nether region ever since the start of the season, today’s 5-0 win away at Nurnberg was a timely and welcome morale boost.
And Rafael van der Vaart gor the ball rolling with an outrageous scissors kick golazo that had shades of Paolo Din Canio’s against Wimbledon all those years ago.
Arriving late into the box to meet a cross, VDV needed to do something to be able to take ball, which was landing invitingly his way, on his favoured left foot.
So the Dutchman ingeniously leapt in the air, and gracefully threw his right leg in the air, and on his way down met the ball with a perfect pinger off the laces of his left foot, to send a scissors kick golazo (which the keeper got a hand to) into the top corner.
[gthumb id=”362257″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Watford are poised to sign Swiss international midfielder Valon Behrami from Hamburg [D...
- Rafael van der Vaart leaves Hamburg for Spanish side Real Betis [Video]
- Hamburg edge past Karlsruhe in ridiculously dramatic relegation play-off [Highlights]
- Hamburg striker Pierre-Michel Lasogga gets his backside rubbed by physio [Vine]
- Spurs loanee Lewis Holtby angrily confronts irate Hamburg fans after 2-0 loss [Video]
- Bayern Munich inflict Hamburg’s heaviest ever defeat in 8-0 drubbing [Official Hi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi