- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Rafael denies he is leaving Manchester United, with a comment on Instagram
Well, that didn’t take long and you have to admire, yet again, the social media presence of modern day footballers to shoot down a transfer rumour.
Around an hour ago, we reported: Agent of Man United twins Rafael & Fabio says they “are very likely to go” in the summer [Calcio Mercato].
Due to these rumours emerging from Italy and the alleged comments from the agent of Rafael and Fabio, a few Manchester United fans went straight to the source and asked the right back if he was leaving.
They posted the question on Rafael’s most recent Instagram picture and he responded with a pretty straightforward: “I’m not leaving.”
As we noted in the piece linked to above, it would be a large surprise if Rafael were to depart Old Trafford anytime soon, as he is undoubtedly Manchester United’s best right back.
Fabio, recently sent off minutes after coming on against Swansea, who has never made much of an impact at United and is out of contract at the end of the season, will likely be looking for pastures new.
- Updated: January 14, 2014