- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Radamel Falcao would consider a 1 year loan to Liverpool [Mail on Sunday]
Liverpool fans could see a front line strike force of Daniel Sturridge and Radamel Falcao at Anfield this season, if a report in the Mail on Sunday today is accurate.
Brendan Rodgers has admitted he is still looking for a new striker to replace Luis Suarez and has reportedly moved for the likes of Karim Benzema, Edinson Cavani and Falcao.
The Colombian would be an enormous signing for Liverpool, a proven goal scorer with the natural physical ability to adapt immediately to the Premier League.
It is understood that Falcao is keen to leave France and Ligue 1 where he is unhappy but the dream move to Real Madrid may not materialise. As a result, Liverpool could be an option for Falcao.
Rob Draper reports: “They [Real Madrid] are keen to take Falcao on a loan with a view to a permanent move next season but Monaco will not let the striker go on those terms, as they believe Real should pay up front. However, Monaco are prepared to loan him out for a season to another club and should Real not make a formal bid for him in the next two weeks before the window closes the player would consider a one-year loan with the expectation of moving to Real Madrid next summer.”
Liverpool would have to pay Falcao £200,000 a week, but a one-year loan deal could suit all parties for 2014/2015.
Liverpool v Southampton – Best Odds!
BETFAIR EXCLUSIVE ODDS – 4/1 Liverpool to beat Southampton
Back Liverpool to beat Southampton at the current Sportsbook price, Your winnings will get topped up within 24hrs.
- Updated: August 17, 2014