- Jokes! Cristiano Ronaldo held back by Pepe to stop him fighting Gareth Bale [Video]
- Spurs Fan Footage: Erik Lamela incredible skills & shot saved by Partizan keeper [Vine]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: “Jack Wilshere deals very well with kicks & tackles” [Video]
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez frustrated with his bad reputation [Video]
- EPIC FAIL! ISL keeper David James got caught in the net whilst trying to kick post in anger [Video]
Radamel Falcao sends message of support to Soner Ertek, the player who injured him
Soner Ertek gracias por tus mensajes. No te culpes por lo sucedido son accidentes del fútbol.
— Radamel Falcao (@FALCAO) January 25, 2014
Colombian striker Radamel Falcao has come out publicly and thanks Soner Ertek, the player who injured him, for his public apologies.
Soner Ertek, an unknown in France, as an amateur player in France for AS Chasselay, has become an infamous name in Colombia and even received death threats on Twitter.
Before Radamel Falcao underwent an operation on his injured cruciate ligaments on Saturday, the Monaco hitman sent a message to Ertek on Twitter.
The translation of the Tweet above is: “Soner Ertek, thanks for your posts. Do not blame yourself, for what happened.”
The Portuguese doctor who performed the operation, Jose Carlos Noronha, has told the Colombian media that Falcao has a 50/50 chance of making the World Cup.
Noronha: “There’s a possibility… it’s not out of the question… It went well… The light at the end of the tunnel isn’t small.”
Colombia open their World Cup campaign against Greece on June 14, 2014.
- Updated: January 26, 2014