Radamel Falcao rejects offers from Chelsea, Man City, Spurs & Liverpool – wants to join Real Madrid [AS]
- June 22, 2014
Despite the best efforts of a number of high-profile Premier League clubs, Radamel Falcao has set his heart on a move to Real Madrid, according to Madrid-based daily AS.
So far this summer, all of Radamel Falcao’s offers have come from England.
Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham are all understood to have made enquiries already this summer.
AS add that Liverpool have also spoken with Jorge Mendes, Falcao’s agent, in the event that Luis Suarez leaves Anfield for Spain.
Chelsea have instead gone with Diego Costa. Manchester City are reportedly weighing up an offer from Atletico Madrid for Alvaro Negredo.
Spurs look set to go for Wilfried Bony unless they can convince Chelsea to part with Romelu Lukaku and Liverpool could receive Alexis Sanchez as part of a deal to sell Suarez to Barcelona.
In any event, Falcao has his heart set on Real Madrid and a return to La Liga where he was so prolific with Atletico Madrid.
Real Madrid are looking for a younger striker happy to play the sort of role Alvaro Morata performed last year, but they have not ruled out a move for the Monaco striker.
The 28-year-old striker is contracted to Monaco until 2018 and looks close to full fitness, after missing the World Cup through injury.
An Instagram video posted by Falcao yesterday can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...