Radamel Falcao posts classy message on Twitter after being ruled out of Colombia WC squad
Hoy solo puedo sonreír por haberlo intentado hasta el final. pic.twitter.com/qzDkcT9gyj
— Radamel Falcao (@FALCAO) June 2, 2014
There are some big players missing the World Cup.
Victor Valdes, Kevin Strootman, Theo Walcott, Rafael van der Vaart and Christian Benteke could all reasonably have been expected to make an impact on Brazil 2014.
But, ever since Radamel Falcao damaged his knee in January, during a cup match with Monaco (that he could have been rested for), the whole world has been watching to see whether the Colombian will make it.
As a result, the Monaco hitman goes down as the best player to miss the World Cup through injury and in the same bracket as Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Gareth Bale, as the players to not be present in Brazil.
Falcao is 28, at the peak of his career, and the talisman of a very talented Colombia side.
He fronted up to a press conference with Pekerman to make the announcement and also posted a message on Twitter & Instagram.
Saying: “Hoy solo puedo sonreír por haberlo intentado hasta el final.” – “Today I can only smile for trying to the end.”
And, Falcao also retweeted Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone, who wrote: “Lo más importante es tu recuperación como profesional. El fútbol necesita de tu talento y tu pasión. Abrazo.” – “The most important thing is your recovery as a professional. Football needs your talent and your passion. Hugs.”
— Diego Pablo Simeone (@Simeone) June 2, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Diego Simeone’s brilliant anti-Juventus Instagram post after Giovanni Simeone braceNovember 28, 2016
- Man United fans get excited as Antoine Griezmann produces another transfer hint [Telefoot]November 27, 2016
- Man United plan to sign one of the best defenders in the world this January [ESPN]November 27, 2016
- Antoine Griezmann admits he had doubts about Atletico future in summer [GQ]November 26, 2016
- Faustino Asprilla claims Cristiano Ronaldo is having a damaging influencing on JamesNovember 17, 2016
- James Rodriguez was furious about rough treatment by Argentina players (Video)November 16, 2016
- Colombia’s James Rodriguez lost it with the ref in the tunnel after the defeat to Argentina (Video)November 16, 2016
- Leo Messi scores amazing free kick golazo for Argentina v Colombia (Video)November 16, 2016
- Diego Simeone’s son, Giovanni, scored a brace for Genoa in 3-1 win over Juventus (Video)November 28, 2016
- Diego Simeone gave Gabi a stern talking to after ‘fragile Koke’ comments [AS]November 15, 2016
- Diego Simeone spotted in Milan as Inter rumours swirlNovember 12, 2016
- The two Diegos: Chelsea’s Costa hangs out with Atletico boss Simeone [Instagram]November 8, 2016