Radamel Falcao posts classy message on Twitter after being ruled out of Colombia WC squad
- June 3, 2014
Hoy solo puedo sonreír por haberlo intentado hasta el final. pic.twitter.com/qzDkcT9gyj
— Radamel Falcao (@FALCAO) June 2, 2014
There are some big players missing the World Cup.
Victor Valdes, Kevin Strootman, Theo Walcott, Rafael van der Vaart and Christian Benteke could all reasonably have been expected to make an impact on Brazil 2014.
But, ever since Radamel Falcao damaged his knee in January, during a cup match with Monaco (that he could have been rested for), the whole world has been watching to see whether the Colombian will make it.
As a result, the Monaco hitman goes down as the best player to miss the World Cup through injury and in the same bracket as Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Gareth Bale, as the players to not be present in Brazil.
Falcao is 28, at the peak of his career, and the talisman of a very talented Colombia side.
He fronted up to a press conference with Pekerman to make the announcement and also posted a message on Twitter & Instagram.
Saying: “Hoy solo puedo sonreír por haberlo intentado hasta el final.” – “Today I can only smile for trying to the end.”
And, Falcao also retweeted Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone, who wrote: “Lo más importante es tu recuperación como profesional. El fútbol necesita de tu talento y tu pasión. Abrazo.” – “The most important thing is your recovery as a professional. Football needs your talent and your passion. Hugs.”
— Diego Pablo Simeone (@Simeone) June 2, 2014
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...