Radamel Falcao posts classy message on Twitter after being ruled out of Colombia WC squad
Hoy solo puedo sonreír por haberlo intentado hasta el final. pic.twitter.com/qzDkcT9gyj
— Radamel Falcao (@FALCAO) June 2, 2014
There are some big players missing the World Cup.
Victor Valdes, Kevin Strootman, Theo Walcott, Rafael van der Vaart and Christian Benteke could all reasonably have been expected to make an impact on Brazil 2014.
But, ever since Radamel Falcao damaged his knee in January, during a cup match with Monaco (that he could have been rested for), the whole world has been watching to see whether the Colombian will make it.
As a result, the Monaco hitman goes down as the best player to miss the World Cup through injury and in the same bracket as Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Gareth Bale, as the players to not be present in Brazil.
Falcao is 28, at the peak of his career, and the talisman of a very talented Colombia side.
He fronted up to a press conference with Pekerman to make the announcement and also posted a message on Twitter & Instagram.
Saying: “Hoy solo puedo sonreír por haberlo intentado hasta el final.” – “Today I can only smile for trying to the end.”
And, Falcao also retweeted Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone, who wrote: “Lo más importante es tu recuperación como profesional. El fútbol necesita de tu talento y tu pasión. Abrazo.” – “The most important thing is your recovery as a professional. Football needs your talent and your passion. Hugs.”
— Diego Pablo Simeone (@Simeone) June 2, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Yannick Carrasco gets new Atletico Madrid contract with huge buy-out clauseOctober 21, 2016
- Chelsea linked to an Atletico Madrid midfielder [Sport]October 20, 2016
- Carrasco claims a hat-trick as Atletico Madrid crush Granada 7-1 (Official video)October 16, 2016
- Positive Man United updates in the pursuit of Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann [Mirror]October 16, 2016
- Colombian international Diego Osorio arrested at airport with 1.145kg of cocaineOctober 14, 2016
- Mother of James Rodriguez shares sick death threats sent to Real Madrid starOctober 9, 2016
- Brazil v Colombia: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-07August 31, 2016
- Neymar scores a free-kick & starts a fight in Brazil’s 2-0 win over Colombia (Videos)August 14, 2016
- Diego Simeone confirms that his Atletico Madrid contract has been shortened to two years (Video)September 17, 2016
- Diego Simeone has decided to leave Atletico Madrid before his contract expires [El Confidencial]September 7, 2016
- Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone reveals he tried to re-sign Chelsea striker Diego CostaAugust 19, 2016
- Giovanni Simeone is heading to Europe to sign a five-year deal with Genoa [Mundo Deportivo]August 1, 2016