Radamel Falcao expected in Monaco today to seal €60m deal from Atletico Madrid
- May 13, 2013
As reported on Thursday night, Monaco appear to be inching to one of the biggest transfer coups of the summer with the signing of Radamel Falcao from Atletico Madrid for a mammoth 60 million euros.
Reports from the reliable Sky Italia and in France overnight claim Falcao is heading to Monaco with super agent Jorge Mendes to seal the deal for the side just promoted from Ligue 2.
Monaco have offered 60 million euros which is the release clause in Falcao’s contract and have offered the 27-year-old Colombian 10 million euros a season in wages.
Real Madrid had been keen to sign Falcao but were put off by the additional 8 million euro clause added to his release fee if he was to join from local rivals Atletico Madrid.
According to Catalan paper Sport, the imminent arrival of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea has scuppered a Chelsea deal for Falcao.
Mourinho is keen on signing Wayne Rooney rather than Falcao for his new-look Chelsea side.
Further rumours suggest Radamel Falcao is eager to move to Real Madrid but will move to Monaco for one season Ligue 1 to ensure he can join Los Blancos with less fuss.
A Radamel Falcao “Welcome to Monaco” video is below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi