Falcao may miss the World Cup after a nasty knee injury in Monaco’s cup clash at Monts [Video & Pictures]
- January 22, 2014
Fears are on high alert on Wednesday night over Radamel Falcao’s health for the rest of the season and for the upcoming World Cup after the Monaco striker suffered a nasty knee injury in Monaco’s cup clash at Monts.
The 27-year-old Colombian international opened the scoring just before the half-hour mark, but he was left lying on the floor in obvious pain after a heavy challenge four minutes before the break. Falcao immediately called for medical attention and was stretched from the field.
We await medical tests to determine just how bad Falcao’s injury is.
Monaco are five pooints behind PSG in the Ligue 1 title race, while Colombia are pair with the Ivory Coast, Greece and Japan at Brazil 2014.
Watch videos of Radamel Falcao’s goal and injury for Monaco against Monts below, together with pictures of the Colombian’s horror injury.
- Chelsea youngster Mario Pasalic joins Monaco on loan as part of Falcao deal [Video]
- Done Deal: Chelsea secure season-long loan of Falcao from AS Monaco
- Colombian TV report Radamel Falcao has signed his Chelsea contract [video]
- Manchester City close in on the signing of Monaco defender Fabinho [L’Equipe]
- Liverpool & Man United are keen on central defender Aymen Abdennour [L’Equipe]
- Chelsea will loan 3 young players to Monaco in order to avoid paying loan fee for Falca...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi