- Radamel Falcao confirms return to Man United training on Twitter
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi played Jordi Alba in with an incredible long range pass [Vine]
- Dejan Lovren before Palace defeat: “I want to be Liverpool captain one day” [Video]
- Rant! Jamie Carragher claims Liverpool are “mentally & physically weak” after 3-1 loss [Video]
- Rodgers Out? Liverpool boss compared to David Moyes at Man United last season [Stats & Graphic]
Falcao may miss the World Cup after a nasty knee injury in Monaco’s cup clash at Monts [Video & Pictures]
Fears are on high alert on Wednesday night over Radamel Falcao’s health for the rest of the season and for the upcoming World Cup after the Monaco striker suffered a nasty knee injury in Monaco’s cup clash at Monts.
The 27-year-old Colombian international opened the scoring just before the half-hour mark, but he was left lying on the floor in obvious pain after a heavy challenge four minutes before the break. Falcao immediately called for medical attention and was stretched from the field.
We await medical tests to determine just how bad Falcao’s injury is.
Monaco are five pooints behind PSG in the Ligue 1 title race, while Colombia are pair with the Ivory Coast, Greece and Japan at Brazil 2014.
Watch videos of Radamel Falcao’s goal and injury for Monaco against Monts below, together with pictures of the Colombian’s horror injury.
- Updated: January 22, 2014