Quality Satire: Spurs board too scared to tell Tim Sherwood he’s sacked [Daily Mash]
- April 12, 2014
Fair play to satirical website The Daily Mash, who’ve perfectly captured the bizarre situation at Tottenham, where pretty much everyone knows Tim Sherwood will be shown the door at the end of the season, yet everyone’s continuing as if it were all Happy Families.
The board are keeping schtum while they blatantly interview replacements, while Sherwood refuses to entertain the prospect of the sack in every interview he gives.
The Daily Mash came up with a great satirical article on it, which we’ve added below.
BOARD members at Tottenham Hotspur are still arguing over who has to tell Tim Sherwood he’s fired.
After an entirely typical series of results for the club, Louis van Gaal has been brought in to manage the side but has pretended to be the new heating engineer whenever Sherwood is around.
Board member Roy Hobbs said: “I subtly suggested Tim might want to spend more time in his garden but he just growled ‘do I look like a fucking gnome to you?’ and glared at me until I backed out of the room.
“I think we might have to move stadium in the summer and lock him inside this one.”
- Tim Sherwood laughs hard at a Dick joke post Aston Villa 2 – Sunderland 2 (video)
- ‘He’s a one-off': Tim Sherwood reflects on Jack Grealish’s Tenerife a...
- Sherwood feels Villa should have had a penalty for Darmian neck grab (Video)
- Tim Sherwood crazily claims new Aston Villa signing is a mixture of Messi and Ronaldo a...
- Tim Sherwood says Villa are still looking for signings, hints at two Tottenham players ...
- Aston Villa make £7million bid for Lorient striker Jordan Ayew [RMC]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...