Quality Satire: Spurs board too scared to tell Tim Sherwood he’s sacked [Daily Mash]
Fair play to satirical website The Daily Mash, who’ve perfectly captured the bizarre situation at Tottenham, where pretty much everyone knows Tim Sherwood will be shown the door at the end of the season, yet everyone’s continuing as if it were all Happy Families.
The board are keeping schtum while they blatantly interview replacements, while Sherwood refuses to entertain the prospect of the sack in every interview he gives.
The Daily Mash came up with a great satirical article on it, which we’ve added below.
BOARD members at Tottenham Hotspur are still arguing over who has to tell Tim Sherwood he’s fired.
After an entirely typical series of results for the club, Louis van Gaal has been brought in to manage the side but has pretended to be the new heating engineer whenever Sherwood is around.
Board member Roy Hobbs said: “I subtly suggested Tim might want to spend more time in his garden but he just growled ‘do I look like a fucking gnome to you?’ and glared at me until I backed out of the room.
“I think we might have to move stadium in the summer and lock him inside this one.”
Watch Live Stream
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Tim Sherwood declares interest in Aston Villa job following Roberto Di Matteo sacking (Talksport)October 3, 2016
- Paul Parker ripped to shreds on Twitter for suggesting Man United appoint Tim Sherwood [Tweets]February 16, 2016
- Tim Sherwood: Aston Villa will stay up, blasts new-age scouts who need blankets & statistics [Tweets]November 30, 2015
- Tottenham & Arsenal keen on US teen sensation Christian Pulisic [Calcio Mercato]December 7, 2016
- Revealed: In-depth review of Toby Alderweireld’s release clause in his Spurs contractDecember 7, 2016
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela returns to Argentina in odd circumstances. Here’s what we knowDecember 6, 2016
- Boost for Poch: Two Spurs defenders return to trainingDecember 6, 2016