Quality! Kasper Schmeichel’s incredible one-handed flying save (Leicester) v Blackburn
- February 28, 2013
Kasper Schmeichel undoubtedly made his dad proud this week when the Foxes keeper made a world class save against Blackburn Rovers.
With the scores still goalless on Tuesday night, Kasper made an incredible one-handed flying save to deny Morten Gamst Pedersen’s wickedly deflected shot from going in.
Leicester went on to win the match 3-0, and manager Nigel Pearson was gushing about his goalie after the game.
It was a fantastic save at a key time… He was going the wrong way but showed a lot of agility and reactions. It was a fantastic save.
Kasper is having a very good season for us. Sometimes you notice goalkeepers when they make a string of saves but end up on the losing side. I would rather have a keeper who doesn’t have a lot to do but, when he does have to do something, he does it well.
He works exceptionally hard at his game. He has been a big part of our season so far. He is driven to be successful.
Enjoy Kasper Schmeichel’s brilliant stop below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...