- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
- Robinho scores silky solo effort after bamboozling defence with step-overs [Video]
- David Moyes was spotted chatting to Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre at Turf Moor
- Beast! Julio Baptista scores a belter from a cleared Cafu cross in charity game [Video]
Quality! Kasper Schmeichel’s incredible one-handed flying save (Leicester) v Blackburn
Kasper Schmeichel undoubtedly made his dad proud this week when the Foxes keeper made a world class save against Blackburn Rovers.
With the scores still goalless on Tuesday night, Kasper made an incredible one-handed flying save to deny Morten Gamst Pedersen’s wickedly deflected shot from going in.
Leicester went on to win the match 3-0, and manager Nigel Pearson was gushing about his goalie after the game.
It was a fantastic save at a key time… He was going the wrong way but showed a lot of agility and reactions. It was a fantastic save.
Kasper is having a very good season for us. Sometimes you notice goalkeepers when they make a string of saves but end up on the losing side. I would rather have a keeper who doesn’t have a lot to do but, when he does have to do something, he does it well.
He works exceptionally hard at his game. He has been a big part of our season so far. He is driven to be successful.
Enjoy Kasper Schmeichel’s brilliant stop below.
- Updated: February 28, 2013