- Barcelona defender Thomas Vermaelen injured AGAIN with fresh hamstring problem [Mundo Deportivo]
- David Baddiel on Chelsea 2 – West Brom 0: Diego Costa is AMAZING
- Matthew Etherington tells the “Naked Tony Pulis” story
- Confirmed: Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus out until January with ankle ligament rupture
- The best jokes ripping into Joe Allen’s stupid head bandage for Liverpool v Palace [Pictures]
Quality! Kasper Schmeichel’s incredible one-handed flying save (Leicester) v Blackburn
Kasper Schmeichel undoubtedly made his dad proud this week when the Foxes keeper made a world class save against Blackburn Rovers.
With the scores still goalless on Tuesday night, Kasper made an incredible one-handed flying save to deny Morten Gamst Pedersen’s wickedly deflected shot from going in.
Leicester went on to win the match 3-0, and manager Nigel Pearson was gushing about his goalie after the game.
It was a fantastic save at a key time… He was going the wrong way but showed a lot of agility and reactions. It was a fantastic save.
Kasper is having a very good season for us. Sometimes you notice goalkeepers when they make a string of saves but end up on the losing side. I would rather have a keeper who doesn’t have a lot to do but, when he does have to do something, he does it well.
He works exceptionally hard at his game. He has been a big part of our season so far. He is driven to be successful.
Enjoy Kasper Schmeichel’s brilliant stop below.
- Updated: February 28, 2013