Quality! Kasper Schmeichel’s incredible one-handed flying save (Leicester) v Blackburn
- February 28, 2013
Kasper Schmeichel undoubtedly made his dad proud this week when the Foxes keeper made a world class save against Blackburn Rovers.
With the scores still goalless on Tuesday night, Kasper made an incredible one-handed flying save to deny Morten Gamst Pedersen’s wickedly deflected shot from going in.
Leicester went on to win the match 3-0, and manager Nigel Pearson was gushing about his goalie after the game.
It was a fantastic save at a key time… He was going the wrong way but showed a lot of agility and reactions. It was a fantastic save.
Kasper is having a very good season for us. Sometimes you notice goalkeepers when they make a string of saves but end up on the losing side. I would rather have a keeper who doesn’t have a lot to do but, when he does have to do something, he does it well.
He works exceptionally hard at his game. He has been a big part of our season so far. He is driven to be successful.
Enjoy Kasper Schmeichel’s brilliant stop below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi