- Arsene Wenger confirms Gabriel Paulista signing is imminent, no work permit issue [Video]
- Arsenal Superfan Moh hails Tomas Rosicky after FA Cup win over Brighton [Video]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on FA Cup favourites tag: ‘Manchester United might go through’ (!) [Video]
- Claude & Ty BFFs after Arsenal’s win over Brighton & Hove Albion! [Video]
- Spurs & Man United legend Teddy Sheringham scores lovely chip in Fernando Ricksen charity match
Quality! Cristiano Ronaldo pays for operation of sick child with cortical dysplasia [AS]
Spanish newspaper AS is responsible for bringing us the heart warming football story of the week.
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo will pay for the operation of 10-month old Erik Ortiz Cruz who is very sick with cortical dysplasia.
This is a brain disorder that can cause up to 30 seizures a day and requires an operation to remove the abnormal part of the brain. For more on cortical dysplasia see the Wikipedia entry here.
Each test on little Erik Ortiz Cruz costs 6,000 euros and the full operation costs 60,000 euros so people from her village of Villaluenga de la Sagra, in Spain, have been trying to bring in the money through charitable donations.
This all came to the attention of Cristiano Ronaldo, who was asked to donate his boots and a Real Madrid shirt to auction off to raise funds.
Ronaldo donated the boots and shirt immediately and then paid the full cost of the surgery, according to AS.
This is not the first time Ronaldo has helped ill children from both Spain and Portugal.
- Updated: March 12, 2014