QPR still in race for Mathieu Valbuena after the Frenchman rejects Russia move [L’Equipe]
- July 25, 2014
QPR are in still in with a chance of signing Mathieu Valbuena after the Frenchman turned down the opportunity to play for Dynamo Moscow in Russia, according to French website L’Equipe.
Although it’s understood that Valbuena would prefer a move to Spain, QPR have made their interest known and would more than likely offer the France international tempting wages to acquire his signature.
Having said that, money was not enough to tempt Valbuena to Russia. The little playmaker rejected a three year contract that was worth €10 million.
The fee paid to Marseille was a measly €7 million which would make you question why more clubs aren’t sniffing around the creative midfielder.
A move to England, and to the Premier League, will probably appeal more than Russia did but will it be enough to tempt Valbuena to leave Marseille, his home for the last eight years?
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...