QPR & Newcastle’s Loic Remy is “desperate” to join Arsenal, not Tottenham, this summer [People]
- March 23, 2014
For the second time this month the Sunday People have published an article reporting that Loic Remy is a target for Arsenal this summer.
Back at the beginning of March the People wrote that “Arsene Wenger will use an £8million clause in Loic Remy’s contract to gazump Newcastle United for the forward’s signature this summer.”
Several week’s later, the People continue to link Remy to the Emirates this weekend, however the tabloid also now claim that the striker’s transfer fee has almost doubled.
France striker Loic Remy will jump at the chance to join Arsenal if they come calling, as expected this summer. Tottenham are also after the 27-year-old QPR man, who is on loan at Newcastle.
But Remy will choose the Emirates over White Hart Lane. A source close to the player said: “If Arsenal want him that’s where he will go. Where else would be big fan of Thierry Henry want to go?”
Spurs would pay QPR’s asking price of £15 million but they are unlikely to be offering Champions League football.
27-year-old Remy have contributed 13 goals and two assists in 23 games for Newcastle this season in the Premier League. Moreover, it is widely reported that Remy’s current wages with QPR are more than £70,000 per week.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...