QPR & Newcastle’s Loic Remy is “desperate” to join Arsenal, not Tottenham, this summer [People]
- March 23, 2014
For the second time this month the Sunday People have published an article reporting that Loic Remy is a target for Arsenal this summer.
Back at the beginning of March the People wrote that “Arsene Wenger will use an £8million clause in Loic Remy’s contract to gazump Newcastle United for the forward’s signature this summer.”
Several week’s later, the People continue to link Remy to the Emirates this weekend, however the tabloid also now claim that the striker’s transfer fee has almost doubled.
France striker Loic Remy will jump at the chance to join Arsenal if they come calling, as expected this summer. Tottenham are also after the 27-year-old QPR man, who is on loan at Newcastle.
But Remy will choose the Emirates over White Hart Lane. A source close to the player said: “If Arsenal want him that’s where he will go. Where else would be big fan of Thierry Henry want to go?”
Spurs would pay QPR’s asking price of £15 million but they are unlikely to be offering Champions League football.
27-year-old Remy have contributed 13 goals and two assists in 23 games for Newcastle this season in the Premier League. Moreover, it is widely reported that Remy’s current wages with QPR are more than £70,000 per week.
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- West Ham owner David Gold confirms interest in signing Arsenal’s Carl Jenkinson [...
- Petr Cech insists that a collective effort will bring success to Arsenal [Video]
- Petr Cech explains what Arsenal are missing [video]
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi