QPR in final negotiations with Marseille for £7m Mathieu Valbuena deal [Mirror]
- July 26, 2014
Reports in France last week were that MathieuValbuena was set for a shock move to Dinamo Moscow, after learning that new Marseille coach Marcelo Bielsa doesn’t count on the diminutive midfielder.
Despite Valbuena’s solid World Cup for France, Bielsa is apparently unconvinced due to ‘El Loco’s’ preference for more physical and athletic specimens.
But the Mirror claim that ‘Petit Velo’ is now set for a move to QPR, with boss Harry Redknapp in ‘final negotiations’ for Valbuena.
The fee being touted is £7m, which is a pretty fair sum for one of France’s best players at the 2014 World Cup, bearing in mind he is 29 and entering the latter stages of his career.
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby signs for Marseille (BBC)
- Ex-Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby has an agreement to join Marseille [L’Equipe]
- Tunisian side Etoile pull off a successful remake of the infamous Henry-Pires penalty v...
- Southampton target Mario Lemina to replace Man United bound Morgan Schneiderlin [L̵...
- Spurs bid €13m for Marseille midfielder Gianelli Imbula [RMC Sport]
- West Ham complete the signing of France international Dimitri Payet from Marseille
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi