Puskas Award 2012: Was Stoch’s volley better than Falcao & Zlatan wonder goals?
- January 8, 2013
One of the big decisions at the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala on Monday night was the announcement of the 2012 Puskas Award.
Fenerbahce’s Miroslav Stoch won out and goes down in the record books as scoring the best goal of 2012.
Except he didn’t really.
You suspect that Fenerbahce’s huge fan base secured the prize for Stoch despite being in a three-goal race with Neymar – this is hugely impressive.
If it was down to this website – as many have asked – we believe the goal of 2012 was scored by Radamel Falcao. (First video here.)
And, you have to hope FIFA will consider changing the rules of the Puskas Award after Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Golazo v England missed the cut, despite being hailed by many as the “greatest goal ever.”
Miroslav Stoch’s Puskas Award winner for 2012 is on the video below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...