Puskas Award 2012: Was Stoch’s volley better than Falcao & Zlatan wonder goals?
- January 8, 2013
One of the big decisions at the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala on Monday night was the announcement of the 2012 Puskas Award.
Fenerbahce’s Miroslav Stoch won out and goes down in the record books as scoring the best goal of 2012.
Except he didn’t really.
You suspect that Fenerbahce’s huge fan base secured the prize for Stoch despite being in a three-goal race with Neymar – this is hugely impressive.
If it was down to this website – as many have asked – we believe the goal of 2012 was scored by Radamel Falcao. (First video here.)
And, you have to hope FIFA will consider changing the rules of the Puskas Award after Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Golazo v England missed the cut, despite being hailed by many as the “greatest goal ever.”
Miroslav Stoch’s Puskas Award winner for 2012 is on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...