Puskas Award 2012: Falcao, Stoch or Neymar?
- January 7, 2013
With just hours to go until the Ballon d’Or Gala, it is time to discuss the most important issue of the evening, at least as far as 101 Great Goals is concerned.
Everyone knows Lionel Messi will win his fourth Ballon d’Or. We would love to see Andres Iniesta awarded the prize and Cristiano Ronaldo has a fair claim as well.
But, let’s be honest, we all know Messi will win it. That’s what happens when you score a mind blowing 91 goals in a calendar year!
So besides FIFA’s team of the year for 2012 and the women’s Ballon d’Or winner keeping us interested, the big question is who will walk away with the Puskas Award for 2012.
As mentioned before, we think this prize is somewhat flawed. Since it rarely ever included Premier League goals and fails to include strikes in November and December.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s famous goal v England for example cannot be included in this vote. And, won’t make it on to next year’s list either.
Nevertheless, FIFA run football and the goal that wins the Puskas Award tonight, will go down as the best of 2012.
Regular readers of this website will know it is down to three goals and if you haven’t seen them yet, or need a reminder, they are showcased below.
We *think* Radamel Falcao will take the prize…
Have your say in our poll here:
Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid) v America de Cali
Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce) v Genclerbirligi
Neymar (Santos) v Internacional
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...