Puskas Award 2012: Falcao, Stoch or Neymar?
- January 7, 2013
With just hours to go until the Ballon d’Or Gala, it is time to discuss the most important issue of the evening, at least as far as 101 Great Goals is concerned.
Everyone knows Lionel Messi will win his fourth Ballon d’Or. We would love to see Andres Iniesta awarded the prize and Cristiano Ronaldo has a fair claim as well.
But, let’s be honest, we all know Messi will win it. That’s what happens when you score a mind blowing 91 goals in a calendar year!
So besides FIFA’s team of the year for 2012 and the women’s Ballon d’Or winner keeping us interested, the big question is who will walk away with the Puskas Award for 2012.
As mentioned before, we think this prize is somewhat flawed. Since it rarely ever included Premier League goals and fails to include strikes in November and December.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s famous goal v England for example cannot be included in this vote. And, won’t make it on to next year’s list either.
Nevertheless, FIFA run football and the goal that wins the Puskas Award tonight, will go down as the best of 2012.
Regular readers of this website will know it is down to three goals and if you haven’t seen them yet, or need a reminder, they are showcased below.
We *think* Radamel Falcao will take the prize…
Have your say in our poll here:
Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid) v America de Cali
Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce) v Genclerbirligi
Neymar (Santos) v Internacional
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi