- QPR v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
- Valencia’s Sofiane Feghouli has fastest top speed (35.53 km/h) in La Liga! [Video]
- Luka Modric nearly forgets his lines in Christmas message with Gareth Bale [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo has to hold himself from laughing at joker Coentrão during Christmas message [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers: ‘Mario Balotelli may have to get used to Liverpool bench’ [Guardian]
Push in the back ref! Lukas Podolski’s (Arsenal) goal v Bayern was a blatant foul [Video & Vine]
[gthumb id="410896" size="large" autoplay="1"]
Arsenal can take some heart from the fact that they at least managed a goal against the European and world champions Bayern over the 2 legs.
It’s just a shame it was a blatant foul.
Lukas Podolski got away with the clearest, most brazen push in the back you’ll ever see, prodding Philip Lahm in the back and knocking him off balance in the Bayern box.
Podolski was so sure he’d fouled him that he looked at the ref for confirmation, and when none was forthcoming, he duly obliged and smashed a terrific finish into the top corner…that should never have stood.
- Updated: March 11, 2014