PSV deny they have had contact with Spurs over Memphis Depay [De Telegraaf]
- August 7, 2014
The rumours of a 20 million euro Tottenham bid for PSV winger Memphis Depay began on Wednesday in the Dutch press.
Later on yesterday, The Mirror suggested Spurs would be keen to sign Depay and send Nacer Chadli to Eindhoven in money plus player swap deal.
However, PSV technical director Marcel Brands has shot down the move, in an article in De Telegraaf today.
Brands confirms that Tottenham have not made a move for Depay and “I assume that Depay will stay.”
Any suggestion of Chadli moving to PSV is described as “nonsense” by De Telegraaf.
Is this just some sort of negotiation in public between PSV and Spurs?
All reports in England over recent days suggest Tottenham are concentrating on signing Matteo Musacchio from Villarreal and may wait until the end of the transfer window for other targets, such as Memphis Depay.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]