- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
PSV deny they have had contact with Spurs over Memphis Depay [De Telegraaf]
- August 7, 2014
The rumours of a 20 million euro Tottenham bid for PSV winger Memphis Depay began on Wednesday in the Dutch press.
Later on yesterday, The Mirror suggested Spurs would be keen to sign Depay and send Nacer Chadli to Eindhoven in money plus player swap deal.
However, PSV technical director Marcel Brands has shot down the move, in an article in De Telegraaf today.
Brands confirms that Tottenham have not made a move for Depay and “I assume that Depay will stay.”
Any suggestion of Chadli moving to PSV is described as “nonsense” by De Telegraaf.
Is this just some sort of negotiation in public between PSV and Spurs?
All reports in England over recent days suggest Tottenham are concentrating on signing Matteo Musacchio from Villarreal and may wait until the end of the transfer window for other targets, such as Memphis Depay.