PSG withdraw Di Maria interest as he’s ‘too expensive'; Man United look to be in pole position
- August 7, 2014
PSG have withdrawn their interest from signing Angel Di Maria, claiming that the attacker is too expensive.
At the unveiling of new £40 million signing David Luiz, Club President Nasser Al-Khelaifi said: “Regarding Di Maria, it is true that we have held talks with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez. But he is too expensive for us. We have stopped negotiations.”
The extraordinary turn of events would appear to put Manchester United in pole position for Di Maria’s signature with the club apparently willing to break their transfer record to secure his services.
However, PSG pulling out may prompt other clubs to make their interest known. It is common knowledge that the French champions are one of the world’s richest clubs and suspected that they could easily fork out the money for the Argentinian player but Financial Fair Play regulations are preventing them from splashing out.
Wolfsburg’s Naldo & Vieirinha soak their boss with beer during his press conference
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]